Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2013 ST running Cobb Stage 2 OTS tune w/ CPE Delta lightweight IC (Stock Charge Pipes), Cobb Intake, Stock Turbo.

I was driving back home a few days ago and suddenly there was no boost. Luckily was able to make it back home just fine. Searched around the forum and yes it was blown charge pipe.

The day was rather hot ~ 96F and I was having a bit of fun on a back road with a few pulls.

I was able to reclamp the hot side charge pipe back in place just fine but now my upgrade priorities just changed from Catback exhaust to Charge pipes.

I'm in Texas and weather gets pretty hot here so it may not be an issue for you as much but.... if you have an intercooler with stock charge pipes... don't let it be a surpise for you.

I will gladly take any charge pipe recomendations also. :)

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Turbosmart clamps are a little pricey but those were the best clamps Ive used. Ive tried all kinds on my last track car, I kept having issues until I discovered them. Ive blown off all kinds of constant torque clamps to the point they were destroyed. This was on a different platform, not the ST. ymmv.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts