Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the turbo smart plumb back blow off valve make a loud noise or any noise at all? What's a good blow off valve that's not to loud but you can still here it?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
the turbosmart BPV doesn't make any more noise than the factory one, it recirculates all the boost pressure back to the intake. Their BOV makes a loud PSSSSH.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
you can get a 50/50 BOV/BPV if you want some psssh without the PSSSSSSSSSSH
:whs::RockOn: Haha accurate statement. My Boomba BOV is loud as all GET OUT. You can decide between 50/50 vs Full BOV using the following statements:
I'd rather break necks within 50-100 feet and lie low as a murderer
or
I'd rather break necks within a quarter mile and let everyone know I'm a murderer

Needless to say everyone knows I snap necks in my town from a quarter mile away :cool:

Edit: Break necks == People snapping their neck to look at your car
A.K.A. rubber necking

Reactions: Joshua

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm not sure how the stock air filter sounds with the lid off, but I had the lid off with the green filter for 2 days, and there was WAY more psssh (and spool too) than I thought there would be. Obviously not as much as an aftermarket BOV, but it was enough to give me a bit of enjoyment for the little bit of driving. I'm glad I did that before buying a BOV, because it got old for me quick with the stop and go traffic.

So maybe you can try that route first and see what you think. Or just buy a BOV lol.

Edit: Here's a clip of mine right after I put the filter in.

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2NwDi834KZDSnBpOEthN1lPTXc/view?usp=sharing[/video]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts