Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about changing my '14 stock BPV to a BOV, mainly just for fun sounds.... From my readings it looks as though its as simple as pulling the old one off and bolting the new one on. Anything else I need to know?

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's that simple. A little bit of a pain to get to but not hard at all. Any ideas on which BOV?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'll add something, installation is pretty simple like stated. But on the operation, keep in mind it will blow off any time you let off the throttle no matter how much boost you have built. You can drive super easy and get off the throttle very slowly in parking lots to help with this. But just a heads up lol. I would be so much happier if it didn't blow off until I really had some boost built.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's that simple. A little bit of a pain to get to but not hard at all. Any ideas on which BOV?

Not sure which to go with at this point. I see lots of good info throughout the forum, but open to suggestions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll add something, installation is pretty simple like stated. But on the operation, keep in mind it will blow off any time you let off the throttle no matter how much boost you have built. You can drive super easy and get off the throttle very slowly in parking lots to help with this. But just a heads up lol. I would be so much happier if it didn't blow off until I really had some boost built.
Good to know....This is my first turbo car so I kind of want to have the experience with the BOV...and if it gets annoying I'll go back to stock lol. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
67 Posts
My personal opinion is Boomba. I've had one on my '13 ST3 since July 2014. It's pretty loud, but doesn't bother me. I put mine on for the same basic reasons as you. Figured if I would be really tuning the car I could upgrade if need be then but for now as a daily, the Boomba is nice.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm not sure how anyone can state that it's simple to do. That top bolt is damn near impossible to get to and they're super easy to strip. I even have small girl hands and had trouble both times with this install. I did the downpipe, exhaust, sway bar and intercooler on my car and I'd take anyone of those over the BPV.

And honestly I don't think it sounds that good. I'd get the block off plate and do a 50/50 on the intercooler. It's a cleaner and crisper sound compared to the stock location.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure how anyone can state that it's simple to do. That top bolt is damn near impossible to get to and they're super easy to strip. I even have small girl hands and had trouble both times with this install. I did the downpipe, exhaust, sway bar and intercooler on my car and I'd take anyone of those over the BPV.

And honestly I don't think it sounds that good. I'd get the block off plate and do a 50/50 on the intercooler. It's a cleaner and crisper sound compared to the stock location.
Is there a kit for relocating to the intercooler?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was hoping to try and find one on Amazon Prime and have it here by Friday...doesn't look like they have anything prime eligible....

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's it pretty simple besides getting the new one bolted in was a pain in the ass for sure I have turbosmart kompact dual port bov I recently installed it sounds great and love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like it will be here by the end of the day....Guess I should track down my allen wrench socket and extension.

·
Registered
114 Posts
also, pro-tip: When i installed mine, the little valve on a clip was a source of nigh endless frustration. I remedied this by spanning from an unused nipple on the comp outlet to the brake line near it with a smaller allen key, this made getting the hardware in much less of a struggle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts