Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 focus st. Bought and installed a Turbosmart adjustable blow off valve. Seems that no matter the adjustment it dumps boost. Ideas? Currently its maxed out hard blow off. Car is stage 3. Ideas? Different blow off?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
should be set as soft as possible to start.

Sure the vacuum line is hooked up?

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
To echo what angrychair said, you're supposed to set it to the softest possible to start. Stab the accelerator and see if the engine stalls after revving back down. If it does, increase firmness incrementally until the engine stops stalling.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
welcome to a tiny turbo that is almost always in boost... you will have it vent alllllllllll the time. Embrace the pssshhhh

Reactions: Tml1

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've been looking at buying the 50/50 myself. My understanding is that if you get a symposer delete and run your vacuum source from that(plugging the original vacuum line), you will not get constant blow-off every time you lift your foot from the pedal.
Someone else who has it confirm...

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I would think the vacuum source for a BOV would have to come from the RCV solenoid...

·
Registered
201 Posts
your better to find a vac source behind the throttle plate IE the symposer plate source. That way when the throttle body closes your BOV gets vac as soon as it is present and can open faster to save the turbo which is it intended function. Before I had my synchronic BOV I had SOOOO much turbo surge, now I have none. For that reason I personally would not trust the BPV vac source. It is probably perfectly fine for stock cars and obviously Ford has faith in it because they warranty the car in stock form but for full bolt applications and tuned cars that run different boost maps and have more volume in the intake track post turbo I wouldn't trust it. My car vents pretty much every time I let off the throttle, it's a small turbo and that's what it does. Some people like it and others do not. If your in the " don't like it" camp maybe try swapping to a recirc valve to mute the ppssshhhhhhh. I love the WTF looks I get all the time

·
Registered
394 Posts
I installed this valve along with a FMIC, a Catted DP, a Catback, and a Tune last weekend on my 2017. Like others have said, it vents ALL the time. I haven't messed with adjusting it because the car runs fine. The only odd thing I noticed is that it will periodically vent at just part throttle steady speed on the highway. But the AP doesn't even pickup a change is boost pressure. Ive still gotta send some datalogs in to Mountune so maybe they"ll see something and have me adjust it. I happen to like the sound tho so i'm cool with it.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Yeah I need to run a vacuum line from my symposer delete to my Turbosmart BOV.

The only annoying thing about it is that it goes off all the damn time, under any amount of throttle even when the engine is still drawing vacuum and not making any boost.

Adjusting the stiffness on the 50/50 is not going to change that.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Need a true vacuum like fro the synposer. The oem is electronic controlled.and will open even if there is no boost.i read you can haveba tuner adjust it or just run it to a true vacuum source

·
Registered
651 Posts
I installed this valve along with a FMIC, a Catted DP, a Catback, and a Tune last weekend on my 2017. Like others have said, it vents ALL the time. I haven't messed with adjusting it because the car runs fine. The only odd thing I noticed is that it will periodically vent at just part throttle steady speed on the highway. But the AP doesn't even pickup a change is boost pressure. Ive still gotta send some datalogs in to Mountune so maybe they"ll see something and have me adjust it. I happen to like the sound tho so i'm cool with it.
The COBB OTS tune dumps a **** load more than any other tune I've had. Keep that in mind as well. Other than that, it's going to dump and it's going to dump a lot.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The COBB OTS tune dumps a **** load more than any other tune I've had. Keep that in mind as well. Other than that, it's going to dump and it's going to dump a lot.
Well I've got a custom tune from Mountune and it dumps ALL the time too. But I'm fine with it as long as it's not hurting anything.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Well I've got a custom tune from Mountune and it dumps ALL the time too. But I'm fine with it as long as it's not hurting anything.
Yeah nothing wrong man. As long as your boost is good and there's no boost loss and car is not stalling you're golden Pony Boy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts