Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tuned my car with Stratified 93 octane tune with an AP v3 just 2 days ago. On the way to work this morning and once yesterday I noticed that at around 80mph on the highway if I am accelerating or going on a slight uphill so I have to build boost to maintain speed (not rapid acceleration...but just SLIGHTLY pushing the gas pedal a little harder than usual and holding around 30-45% down) the blow off will fire every second or two as though it's trying to dump pressure but then it builds back to -2 to 1psi where it was.

It this normal? I assume it's because of the tune and I don't know if it matters or not that I was in "Eco-mode slot 5" or not?

I don't know..I just find it pretty strange and I've only noticed at 80-85mph cruising on the interstate.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Such a strange thing that I wasn't expecting. Is it just the tune in general or related to the Eco mode?

Thanks for the speedy reply @BlackT5

·
Registered
625 Posts
Anytime.

It is something Tuners can adjust if you find it annoying. Caught me off gaurd the first time I heard it. The other option is to run the BPV directly off manifold pressure at a sound symposer delete plate. To each their own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts