Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Blocked boot lid drain plugs - check yours!

6K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Fokus 
#1 ·
Hi All,

My first post, hopefully its in the correct place - just purchased my new wheels 3 months ago.

Just a heads up to you all - Today, while I was washing around the rear hatch I noticed it still had its plug hole stickers on from when it was new!

To help prevent rust in these areas, I suggest you check yours aren't still on, and if they are, you should take them off.

(Car 2012 Ford Focus ST)

Stay cool.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
mine are definitely still on, I will remove

Reactions: Darkdayz23
#4 ·
I checked mine after a previous thread in here, also left on.
I did take my car the day after it arrived at the dealership though so I couldn't imagine they could've been too thorough

#6 ·
Mine where still on, just removed them. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: Darkdayz23
#8 ·
There was just a very active thread made about this a few days ago, mine were NOT there when I looked to confirm that they shouldn't be. It's rumored to be part of the post-production inspection that is missed. Sticky for this thread? :D

#9 ·
Thanks for the info!

had water leaking and sloshing around in the boot door when lifted. Two of the three were also still on mine. Removed and I’m hoping that will cure it. This didn’t stop Ford suggesting my rear bumper vents needed replacing however, and charging me approx £300 to replace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.