Ford Focus ST Forum banner

81 - 100 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Ok so we've been going thru our setlist, which has morphed and taken on Southern rock/country flavour as our singer comes from those genres. That's fine, I'm more of a rock/metal guy but it's all good music to me. The list will be only 7-8 tunes, as this is a work-related function and we do have to go back to work after we break all the stuff back down

Summer of '69
Hurricane - Band of Heathens
Gimmie Three Steps
Cast No Stones - Cody Jinks
Old Time Rock n Roll - Seger
Turn the Page - Seger (Metallica ending)

And a couple more I can't recall as I'm writing this. I've got 3 Steps down. I've gone back to the Les Paul as it's my baby. It weighs a ridiculous 12lbs but that's never been an issue, even as I've gotten a lot older. I've owned it for over 30 years.

We've got a full band, drums and all, practicing in one of the laboratories. It's crazy. I know other employees in other labs can hear us. Thank goodness management is cool with us jamming and practicing on the clock. Oh wait, I am management! LOL
If you are looking for Southern rock suggestions...
Flirtin' With Disaster
Whipping Post
One Way Out
Hold On Loosely

·
Registered
342 Posts
If you are looking for Southern rock suggestions...
Flirtin' With Disaster
Whipping Post
One Way Out
Hold On Loosely
Yeah I love Flirtin' w/Disaster, I've dabbled with it, but never playing the correct way without hacking my way through. That'd be a cool one to do.
A couple of the guys are big Allman Bros fans, so there's always that possibility too.
I'd love to do some Blackberry Smoke too. Maybe next year, as it's crunch time (Wednesday).

I do enjoy doing this stuff, as learning new material always pulls me into new areas. After a while you start to build up a nice collection of tricks.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Yeah I love Flirtin' w/Disaster, I've dabbled with it, but never playing the correct way without hacking my way through. That'd be a cool one to do.
A couple of the guys are big Allman Bros fans, so there's always that possibility too.
I'd love to do some Blackberry Smoke too. Maybe next year, as it's crunch time (Wednesday).

I do enjoy doing this stuff, as learning new material always pulls me into new areas. After a while you start to build up a nice collection of tricks.
I think my guitarist "relearned" Flirtin' two or three times! :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think my guitarist "relearned" Flirtin' two or three times! :D
I've never considered myself to be a lead guitarist. I've always been a rhythm guy and I never liked the designation of one or the other. But I've always wanted to be able to solo, and do it well. Took me long enough, but I'm finally getting to where I can do a few. I'll never be a shredder, that's for sure. :D

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I've never considered myself to be a lead guitarist. I've always been a rhythm guy and I never liked the designation of one or the other. But I've always wanted to be able to solo, and do it well. Took me long enough, but I'm finally getting to where I can do a few. I'll never be a shredder, that's for sure. :D
Very few of the top shredders interest me. Maybe Satriani, but that's about it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Very few of the top shredders interest me. Maybe Satriani, but that's about it.
Same here, and like most guitarists, I've listened to those guys. Satch, Vai, Malmsteen, Emmanuel, even Bonamassa (though he's more than just a player). They impressed me more when I was younger, I wanted to be Al DiMeola. Eric Johnson, who probably has more of my respect than others. Just my opinion, and I know this is sensitive territory, but those guys can lack feel. I love a good rippin' solo, but not an entire LP or a concert centered around a guitarist. You go to one of those G3 concerts and look at the crowd, it's all dudes :D

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #87

·
Registered
342 Posts
Spent a good half-day yesterday going through my little PA system, since I'm the guy who has one. It's been a year since it's been used, so I figured I'd better power everything up. Good thing, as one of the Peavey rackmount amplifiers was overheating due to gobs of dust and gunk on the fan and heatsinks. It's working fine now. I've got a small rack with a small Mackie and a few other rackmounted effects and stuff. sorry for the crappy pics :(
null_zps31daa27e.jpg
The rack actually came from Muscle Shoals studios.
amps.jpg
I'll be taking along that VT-22 and the Bassman Ten to its right. It's got a tube rectifier. I was looking inside and found unused windings off the power tranny. I punched a hole in the chassis and put in a Mullard GZ34. Looks factory, I just clipped the leads from the silicon diodes and left them in there.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
playing this tune tonight:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well, our little show went off without a hitch, no huge screwups, no gear malfunctions or train wrecks. We had a lot of fun. One upside was we had tons of room to spread out, that was awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
only for shred fans:

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
more classic 80s shred for my Monday garage day:

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
too good not to share:

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #96

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
"Alex is melting your face while Geddy assumes the "70s bass god groove" position."

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
gettin the funk out tonight

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

81 - 100 of 162 Posts
About this Discussion
161 Replies
19 Participants
Blackula
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing