Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Got my SLF yellow fogs installed, one was actually DOA but Diode Dynamics got me a replacement shipped fast. Hopefully the gorilla tape holds the external blocks in place:

Before:

After:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
24,5xx changed oil, Pennz Ultra Platinum 5w30 and an RP 20-400 filter. That was a couple thousand miles ago, swapped out the pedal spacer I’d been using for a few years for a much thinner one, the drastic change is gonna take some getting used to and not sure it’s going to be ideal, but it was CHEAP!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Installed JBR pedal spacer, confirmed about 3/4” and feels pretty good:

Also tried my hands at an emblem overlay, pretty damn tricky, the vinyl did sorta reshape with heat after I mucked it up many times and still stuck. Bought off Amazon from a company called Haru Creative, they did include 2 of each emblem (front and back) so I can still retry, it’s not perfect but from afar you can’t tell:

Front went better/easier:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Very nice stuff and good maintenance upkeep. Whatever happened with those pesky misfire codes, any serious issues or just went away?
I don’t wanna jinx it but no and yes

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Well I guess I haven’t updated this for about 10 months. Been 4 years now with it, about 32k miles, and beginning of summer along with an oil change I clay barred, Dr Colorchipped probably over 100 chips in the front, hood, and one or two on the side, along with Adams spray ceramic coat, and boy is that stuff the real deal. Meant to take some good pictures, was just too busy. But it kept quite clean all summer avoiding the rain, only washed it once since then at the end of summer. Lazy pic getting lunch after a cars n coffee:

Still got parts lying around, time to swap to the all-seasons soon...

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
Master cylinder brace

#MELEarmy

I did have to drill out the rivets and reverse them to get the lid shut:

Changed oil and air filter, drained catch can, all-in-all a productive weekend. Coming up on 35k miles

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bought mine new Nov. 16. 74 k miles now still on factory batt.Did your batt die? I was studying batts awhile back and xs power was appealing.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Bought mine new Nov. 16. 74 k miles now still on factory batt.Did your batt die? I was studying batts awhile back and xs power was appealing.
Yea my battery was on the way out. Had to jump it a couple times. Fired up great with the XS but as far as I know I’m the guinea pig on the forum.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
@ Blackula What are your impressions of the master cylinder brace? Can you tell it's there? If so, what benefit is it providing? Thanks man!!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
@ Blackula What are your impressions of the master cylinder brace? Can you tell it's there? If so, what benefit is it providing? Thanks man!!
You know I just did it because I was pulling the battery anyway, had previously read/seen testimonials of braces on other cars, but was still skeptical. I was also skeptical about traction bars and then really surprised by the difference those made, so I just went for it.

Drove all morning before I installed it and the lightweight battery to try and set a baseline, and it might be placebo but seems like less play in the pedal travel. Brakes are stock, no stainless brake lines or anything, and haven’t yet had to really stomp hard so it’s hard to say but I think it’s better . Maybe when it warms up and I get my summer rubber on, I can really test it. Probably easier to feel the change in weight transfer now with the lighter battery. Neither close to as noticeable as my other mods. Stainless steel brake lines probably have a greater effect but this was easy to install.

Removed the lower cowl and I have the TB strut tower brace so it made install fairly painless except dropping a bolt on the ledge under the cowl and spending 10 minutes hunting for it.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I will add that this Borla exhaust makes everything more fun

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Out with the old and in with the new,
Looks like CFM at some point made version 2:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
rotate the cap 180, so you cant see the worm gear ;) looks good, what prompted you to replace your old one?
Funny you mention, I actually used to have it the other way originally! The bolt up front makes it easier to access to remove for cleaning and I don’t mind the look. Old was just old, 5 yrs, and a magnet from a shop light pulled this off:

I’ll probably clean it and reglue and use it as a temp when I go to clean the new one.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
So I had an unplanned hard-braking test this morning when a dumb girl in a Mini Cooper jumped in front of me while I was cruising around 65 mph, and I slammed on the brakes down to about 40mph in what felt like a second or less.

35k miles on Stock suspension and brakes, other than all the available TB Performance traction/bracing minus his booty boot camp, and AS3+ tires. I’m gonna go ahead and highly-recommend the brake master cylinder brace (and all things TB), because I had total control and wished I could have seen from other cars around/behind how fast and well it slowed down.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts