Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Build notes: Changed oil again @19,8xx miles after about 5800 miles on RP 5w30 + FL400S. Oil wasn’t purple anymore :shocker: but this time trying the RP 20-400 filter. Also swapped in Steeda magnetic drain plug and cleaned my CFM breather, the filter was black. K&N recharge kit cleaned it up, after drying just oiled the nice red tint back.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Installed TB strut tower brace about a month ago but haven’t driven much since the roads got a little snow and a lotta salt.

Trimmed off enough to give this line plenty of clearance:

Feels like point of no return but worst case is buying a new lower cowl to return to stock. Taking it for a spin today before we get more snow/salt.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Haven’t updated thread in a few months, back in January I got this 400g CS shift knob from Shift Solutions:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
And Mountune intake:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Looks good. What specs did u get the wheels and what size tires are u using with them? How do u like them? Implaning on getting a set of these

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
18x8.5 at 43 offset in matte gray is the only option for 18” Hypergrams in a 5x108 bolt pattern, but I’m super happy with them. Discount Tire supplied perfect-sized hubcentric rings, and they mount up snugger than the stock premiums.

Wrapped in PS4S size 245/40/r18, they look meaty and really hook up in a straight line or turning. I only logged a couple hours on them but tested spots around town I’m familiar with and used to spin.

I believe biggest tires that’ll fit will be 255/40/r18 which have a minimum wheel width of 8.5” but you might rub at 43 offset. So far I’m noticing zero rub with my setup, tested lock to lock.

·
Registered
184 Posts
18x8.5 at 43 offset in matte gray is the only option for 18” Hypergrams in a 5x108 bolt pattern, but I’m super happy with them. Discount Tire supplied perfect-sized hubcentric rings, and they mount up snugger than the stock premiums.

Wrapped in PS4S size 245/40/r18, they look meaty and really hook up in a straight line or turning. I only logged a couple hours on them but tested spots around town I’m familiar with and used to spin.

I believe biggest tires that’ll fit will be 255/40/r18 which have a minimum wheel width of 8.5” but you might rub at 43 offset. So far I’m noticing zero rub with my setup, tested lock to lock.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully will be able to snatch a set for the car

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Mile marker 22222

·
Registered
388 Posts
Haven’t updated thread in a few months, back in January I got this 400g CS shift knob from Shift Solutions:

You don't need anything special for this shift knob do you? I'm pretty sure you don't but wanting to find out for sure before pulling the trigger on one of these.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
You don't need anything special for this shift knob do you? I'm pretty sure you don't but wanting to find out for sure before pulling the trigger on one of these.
Nope, they supply a nut to set height/orientation and hold the lockout spring. So after initially setting the nut against the spring and screwing on the knob, unscrew the knob and tighten/loosen the nut and screw knob back on until you get it straight.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Nope, they supply a nut to set height/orientation and hold the lockout spring. So after initially setting the nut against the spring and screwing on the knob, unscrew the knob and tighten/loosen the nut and screw knob back on until you get it straight.
Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

Airbag warnings blacked out, can’t believe I waited so long to be rid of that gaudy yellow sticker over my face. Despite being about 1mm too short, that skinny white line is barely visible, especially if it’s towards the windshield, so after a couple weeks with it I’m fairly satisfied.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Replaced the RSB with one by ST Suspensions and the rear end links w/ TB Performance’s, been driving on it the last couple months and I can say car is feeling perfect.

Sprayed raw aluminum parts on mine this anti-rust green, wonder how the group buy ones came out looking:

·
Registered
87 Posts
love the wheels!! wish they weren't on back order :crying:

i have to ask - why would you waste money on a catch can when you're leasing the car?

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
love the wheels!! wish they weren't on back order :crying:

i have to ask - why would you waste money on a catch can when you're leasing the car?
Hey man, I plan on buying it out at the end of my lease. Just started out as a business expense with an “out” at 39 months if I didn’t wanna keep it.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Easy Peasy What A Sleazy

Before:

After:

41 - 60 of 79 Posts