Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
More shots w/ the headlight armor GT yellow fogs

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Looks awesome. How do you like the AEM filter? Does it have added noise or just as quiet as OEM?
It's working fine, I bought a second to pop in while I clean the first, but you could always throw in the OEM paper filter. I'll swap the filters every 20k and both should outlast the car. If it adds anything it's only a little bit, I hear a little whoosh every now and then but RMM added way more tone and feel.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Dash cam hardwire success!!

66 Door locks for constant power, 85 AC/radio for ACCessorry power

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I can confirm that Blacksys ch-100b will record 10+ hrs in parking mode w/ rear cam disabled and FoST starts no prob. Downloading the files from sd card to mac works but these avi files won't open even w/ the Blacksys app. Can download from cam-to-iPhone just fine over wifi, and view in app, but no sharing or saving to photos/videos. I emailed Camsys support and so far no response.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Got TB rear traction bar in, jack stands then ramps to support wheel while pulling bolts. No prob breaking them loose, but couldn't fit torque wrench on passenger side because of fuel tank and I didn't have a mid-depth socket. Had to remove that aero I really didn't have to remove to install Steeda jacking rails, but even then, couldn't get impact gun in there so it was all hand-ratcheted. For now it's tightened to German spec, will have to check later but nothing's moving and for now it handles tight.

Practically touching the fuel tank but no sounds when I took it for a spin.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Knockoff vs 3M tape:

Prepped:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sweet build. Where can I buy that breather cap?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
CFM, they have a (5% off) sale going, or wait for a used one to pop up.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
CF Vinyls are holding up pretty well after a year. Shoe scuff marks are easily wiped off.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Coming up on the end of the 2nd year with my FoST, and the mods that actually make a difference:

Year 2:

1. 8k miles - oil change Pennzoil Plat+
2. Mountune RMM
3. TB Performance front traction bar group buy
4. 8500 miles - rotated tires, installed 2 & 3
5. Carbon fiber door vinyls off eBay
6. TB rear bar group buy (courtesy of mcflyin)
7. TB strut tower bar group buy
8. 13k miles - Got the dreaded cold-start CEL!
(3x cylinder 3 misfire in 2 weeks followed by the 5 stages of grief)

9. yolo - Steeda jacking rails
10. 14k miles - Royal Purple 5w30
11. Blacksys CH-100B dual dash cam
12. Headlight Armor yellow fog vinyls
13. Kenu Airframe phone mount
14. Installed TB rear bar - balance restored
15. Mugen-style window visors
16. 16k miles - Swap AEM dryflow w/ spare
17. Ordered Mishimoto FoST intercooler
18. Ordered VelossaTech snorkel
19. 17k miles - Rotated tires 2nd time
20. Small clamp screw for Boomba OCC backed out and lost, symposer delete leaking. Boomba expedites new O-ring, screws and a drain valve in 2 days! A+ customer service

21. Washed clay barred and waxed, finally!

The saga continues!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Good to know it still can shine after being too busy to wash but 2 times before my new annual clay-wax tradition.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
No more accordian for me:

Fitment is almost better than OEM, in terms of clearance of lines while holding intake in place, had to pull on the cross-over pipe to line up its screw but everything felt real solid. Nothing new to folks here, but I’m a fairly happy camper.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Installed McGard lug locks, they are a bit taller than the OEM lugs so they stick out, but it’s fine.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Looks like a fun build! What are you looking to add next?
Yep, slow and easy and enjoying every bit of it! ST Suspension rear sway bar with the pre-welded lateral supports, TB rear end links, TB strut tower brace, Awaiting Mishi intercooler to install with my Gen3 big mouth and shave the grille. Lighter wheels and summer tires before a custom tune, Michelin AS3s on stock rims. Halfway thru power train warranty. Clutch replacement ACT clutch/flywheel + LSD.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts