Ford Focus ST Forum banner

141 - 160 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
A Little Update For You Fellows

I was bored Saturday, so I decided NOT to wait for a warm day to install my snorkel!

WP_20180211_16_19_40_Pro (3).jpg
WP_20180211_16_16_47_Pro.jpg

I didn't remove the bumper for the install ... I am not sure I would recommend this. If you do decide to do this ... Definitely pull out all for push pins and both hex screws that are in the radiator shroud, that will give you enough rooms to get your giant hands in the work area.
8227A84E-3E28-4CBE-A6E0-39F20BE38C6F.jpg

Finally, here are some pretty pictures:

Mountune_Edited.jpg
Rear_Edited.jpg
RearQuarter_Edited.jpg
FrontQuarter_Edited.jpg

·
Premium Member
508 Posts

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
@ Peregriner: What detailing wax do you use? I've been using Adams but it streaks which can be annoyingly frustrating to remove.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
@ Peregriner: What detailing wax do you use? I've been using Adams but it streaks which can be annoyingly frustrating to remove.
I wouldn't follow my example for detailing if I were you ;)

This is my daily driver and I am lucky if I can bring myself to wax it once a year. My paint is in poor condition lol. However, I usually use Girot's Garage, but for no reason other than its what I've purchased before.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Been a while since I updated last. Here's whats been going on.

First, I dropped the wing back down. Time for a change.
IMG_20181226_1608121.jpg

Next, had a little endlink trouble. Ford quoted me $500 to replace them both, so I said, "nah".
IMG_20190119_1205270.jpg
IMG_20190119_1407197.jpg
IMG_20190119_1553419.jpg

Finally, since I was ordering from Steeda, figured I'd get some cosmetics ...
IMG_20190119_1703050.jpg

PS, had a little install day with a buddy too!
IMG_20181216_1208016.jpg

·
Registered
134 Posts
$500 dollars to replace the end links? Great way to encourage customer loyalty!
I've had the Steeda rear bar since the day I brought the car home. No complaints. Used the stock end links until about a year ago when I replaced them with MOOG end links.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
$500 dollars to replace the end links? Great way to encourage customer loyalty!
I've had the Steeda rear bar since the day I brought the car home. No complaints. Used the stock end links until about a year ago when I replaced them with MOOG end links.
So far so happy! Hard to enjoy it though as I've had tons of problems with the car this month, its been tough. First with the endlink issue, I put the car up on jacks to look and see if I could see the problem, and when I took it down I moved the car a short distance. When I did that my Accessport came on but didn't have enough time to boot. So it stayed on and killed my battery, which in turn actually killed it (6 years, it was time). Had to carry the dang thing half a mile to autozone to get a new one lol. Now, I just hopped a concrete barrier that was pushed into the middle of a parking lot by a snow plow, so I have a bad wheel and something loose in the suspension which I can't identify, so its going right back to Ford. Can't wait for this to be done with and warmer weather so I can get on my summers...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Looks great

141 - 160 of 162 Posts