Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Black Hills - Epic Drive - May 6th and 7th 2017

EVENT SIGNUP LINK

I have never planned an event like this. I have no idea what I am doing, but I do know that I drove through the Black Hills of South Dakota last year with my under-powered Fiat 500 and wished the whole time for my turbo, and that the trip was focused around enjoying the drives more than being a tourist.

I am willing to organize a drive, but I want to know if there is any interest at all from the community to making this a legit thing. Below are a list of things I would want to do, their cost, and links to their websites. Below that is an outlined map of the drive, total miles, and time.

Badlands$20 per carNPS Badlands Site
Mount Rushmore$10 per vehicleNPS Mount Rushmore site
Iron Mountain Road / Wildlife Loop / Needles Highway$6 per vehicleCuster SD GFP Site
Crazy Horse Memorial$22 per car (2 people)Crazy Horse Site
Overnight stay in Rapid City$120Ramkota Hotel - Rapid City (IT HAS A WATERPARK FOR THE KIDS!)
Sturgis (cool place to stop)0$Wiki Link
Spearfish Canyon0$Link
DeadwoodWhatever you gamble awayDeadwood Link
[td]Location/Attraction[/td]
[td]Cost[/td]
[td]Link[/td]

There will be slow, winding roads, scenic overlooks, great photo spots, historic sights, interstate cruising, great company. Below is the full map, and below that is the total miles

2017-01-08 15_48_54-Settings.png
Total miles - 281

EVENT SIGNUP LINK

Anyone been to the hills? If you have not, I HIGHLY recommend going. Its unlike anywhere else, and these roads with these cars (and with company) would be very fun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well, I am so in love with the idea, that I am going to make it a thing. If it is just me, then I will have an awesome solo trip, but I think making this a group adventure would be awesome.

Updated information
Dates - May 6th through the 7th
Hotel - Ramkota Hotel in Rapid City (This hotel has a great water park for kids!)

I do not live in the Hills, and I assume anyone that comes on the drive with me will not either so for your information I booked my room for the 5th through the 7th as to make the starting point in the badlands easily that morning. I will be setting up an event signup page to gather people numbers. If we start getting a group together, I can arrange cool things like hotel rates .. or meals, or have photographers ready on certain stops to make sure we get some great shots of your car!

More to come.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might want to also checkout the Midwest ST/RS and Midwest Ecoboost Facebook pages.

Sent from another garage.
I am not on Facebook .. by design, I don't see that changing. It can, but I don't want it to. Can someone post for me? Not sure how that would work ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts