Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody.

First time poster, not an expert mechanic. 2013 Focus ST owner. No specific install videos for this kit, been searching for kit specific info but only finding b14 content. Are there big differences in b14 / b16 and any links, tips, info you could provide I'd be eternally grateful!
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
watch any any video. Its all the same. The only thing specific is the preload settings/technique as well as rear assembly order of the various collars and shims which should be covered by bilsteins own instructions

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the kit on yesterday. When I started the vehicle, the ABS light came on along with Hill Assist being unavailable. I will double check the connections but also, when I did a test roll in my driveway, it almost felt like the power steering was out, more challenging to turn the wheel than it should be.
Any ideas on these matters would be appreciated.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I remember reading that a fault with the ABS wheel sensor will disable the power steering as well as throwing an ABS light. Double check the wheel sensors, perhaps the wire as damaged during the install? Or you mis-routed it and it got pinched/disconnected when rolling?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seriously appreciate the insight. I will def check the lines. Would it be worth unplugging and then reconnecting the ABS sensor? Or just leave it plugged in and check the other wires.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'd say it wouldn't hurt (with the ignition turned off, of course), and disconnecting/reconnecting will probably allow you to verify the connectors as well (corrosion, bent pins, etc.).

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Do you have a OBD scanner? The scanner will likely tell you which wheel is throwing the ABS code rather than throwing darts in the dark.

Reactions: Ohio EnthousiaST
1 - 7 of 7 Posts