Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'15 Focus St stage 3 - stratified tuned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, I got a suspension questions and I couldn't find similar forum threads

I just purchased Bilstein B14 coilovers kit and adjustable end links for the front and rear of my 2015 focus st. Do I need to buy anything else to make the job easier or things I'll want to buy and replace or "upgrade" to make sure I don't run into any issues when in installing or after im done. I've read a few posts of people have clunking issues after install and im curious if I should be swapping things like camber plates or whatnot.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Hey y'all, I got a suspension questions and I couldn't find similar forum threads

I just purchased Bilstein B14 coilovers kit and adjustable end links for the front and rear of my 2015 focus st. Do I need to buy anything else to make the job easier or things I'll want to buy and replace or "upgrade" to make sure I don't run into any issues when in installing or after im done. I've read a few posts of people have clunking issues after install and im curious if I should be swapping things like camber plates or whatnot.

Thanks in advance!
Depending on mileage of your 15 I would go head and replace the upper strut mounts up front. They tend to make noise after awhile and seem to be magnified after a worn suspension is pulled apart and parts are reused.

Some get lucky and have noise free operation after reusing the old ones. Many have clunking immediately or shortly after reassembly of the old part onto their new damper.

·
Registered
'15 Focus St stage 3 - stratified tuned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depending on mileage of your 15 I would go head and replace the upper strut mounts up front. They tend to make noise after awhile and seem to be magnified after a worn suspension is pulled apart and parts are reused.
View attachment 391673

Some get lucky and have noise free operation after reusing the old ones. Many have clunking immediately or shortly after reassembly of the old part onto their new damper.
Thanks! Yeah I have 123k miles on my car haha little late to be adding coils but it's time to replace the suspension and it's in good shape aside from that so I'll plan to replace the mounts too!

·
Registered
950 Posts
After my 2nd coilover install on the Mk 3 ST, I found it helpful to 'snug' the top hats, then put the wheels on and roll in neutral a little just to make sure it's all seated flush before the final tightening of the bolts.

For the endlinks not to clunk they just need to be properly tight and aligned. The rears won't make a proper 90° angle (mechanically best), so just make sure that the ball joints are lined up and centered in the range of motion before setting the bottom one to the sway bar. You'll have to do the bottom attachment for front and rear endlinks while the car is on the ground, so that's always fun, lol.

CJ Pony parts does a good install video of the whole process. It's worth a look before you break out the tools ;)

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
370 Posts
Definitely replace the strut mounts. They're cheap, and easy to replace. It's good insurance even if they're still OK for now.

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
487 Posts
View attachment 391673

This is a good idea. I just ordered them.

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
270 Posts
Get the bolts that hold the bottom end of the strut. They are replaceable items, I didn’t believe that until I tried to reuse it. Cost less than $2.00 at the dealership.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts