Ford Focus ST Forum banner

281 - 284 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just installed my b14s and I can't find anything about preload on these springs. My height adjuster for the front is set halfway and I barely have any preload. If I go any lower the spring would be loose. Does anyone else have this problem?
Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks to Graveyard, these are arriving today. A few questions:

1) I want as close to stock height as possible. I'm assuming that because they say 'lowers 15-30mm' it'll be a bit lower at max height, which is fine. The question is if I set all 4 at max height will it look ok? Or are there ballpark measurements to adjust them to before installing?

2) Alignment settings, anyone got some?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got these installed over the weekend. Some thoughts, in case someone has similar concerns and desires:

They're awesome. I don't want lowering, but I knew the '15mm-30mm' meant the highest setting would be OK. The highest setting closes up the wheel gap nicely without creating any issues at all with curbs and steep driveways, and it's level. Looks great.

They've fixed a lot of issues inherent in the oem setup, and of course mine were very worn at 72k. Wheel hop is greatly reduced; it corners, accelerates, and brakes with less lean. It applies power to the ground better, especially over rough pavement. It's smoother over most bumps and rough patches, though big ones feel much firmer, but almost like the corners are rounded off. VERY nice. There is no more bobble-head motion being transferred into the car. There are no knocks, no noises. There are also fewer rattles in the cabin due to better damping.

Overall it feels like a very high quality setup, and my wife instantly approved (after mildly complaining about the cost). She instantly felt the difference, and loves it. It may be around $200 more than B6's/stock springs, but it's cheaper than the Mountune Clubsports, and while I haven't driven those, I'm 100% happy with these.

281 - 284 of 284 Posts