Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a Coilover thread but I'm speciifically interested to hear from owners who are running the Bilsteins. How do they ride, how much height adjustment can you get out of them etc etc.

For me I want something and I can install and forget so the lack of adjustability doesn't concern me a whole lot.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
99 Posts
Agreed a thread for them would be nice. I'm between blisteins and fortune autos for a strictly dd. Fortune autos are probably better but I can save a few hundred dollars with the blisteins.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To help you out a bit, my post on the PCA-1 promotions:

So, rseb4agze as those B14.
Is this yours CL8i?

Doing some more research for the ST the range of drop is just 15-30mm, but based on this pic it seems more? Ideally I'd want a touch more than 30mm, but in the rear only

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've had the B14 coil over for about 4 months now and the ride is just right. It's just a little more stiffer than stock so it's still smooth not bouncy and best of all my girlfriend doesn't complain about them! Height wise I haven't really measured it all the way down or up. The rear is all the way down and front is about half way down.

Reactions: ManzoniST

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had the B14 coil over for about 4 months now and the ride is just right. It's just a little more stiffer than stock so it's still smooth not bouncy and best of all my girlfriend doesn't complain about them!
What's the range of height adjustment from stock?

·
Registered
75 Posts
What's the range of height adjustment from stock?
I wouldn't be able to say I never measured the car at stock height.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wouldn't be able to say I never measured the car at stock height.
Your ST looks awesome by the way!

Are you still running the stock tyre size? If so when you get a spare min would it be possible to measure the distance from centre of the wheel cap to the edge of the fender/guard both front and rear? Would help a few of us members out :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Your ST looks awesome by the way!

Are you still running the stock tyre size? If so when you get a spare min would it be possible to measure the distance from centre of the wheel cap to the edge of the fender/guard both front and rear? Would help a few of us members out :)
Stock tires. 18x9 ET35 rims. Front: 13 1/4 Rear: 13 1/4.

Pic of the front perch:

Reactions: aratic

·
Registered
75 Posts
PCA has 4 sets of Bilstein B14 (PSS) in stock. $899 shipped US48. Pm to place your order :) .
I bought my set from PCA. Great vendor, excellent communication, fast shipping, and great prices! Thanks Chalon for the coilover and rims!

·
Registered
47 Posts
20141028_124303.jpg

Just installed mine about a week ago.

I was real confused about the orientation of the rear spring and height adjuster base. Manual said the springs lettering should always be facing up, but when I set everything up based off that instruction it didn't fit well. With the lettering upside down and the height adjust at the top it fits perfectly.
@rseb4agze How long have you had the B14 for? I think my set is starting to break in, I thought the ride was too harsh at first.
BTW Did you purposely not move the dust cover from the front struts to the B14s?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've ordered the B14.
What my dealer said is you can down the car up to -7cm, that's about 2,75 inches. Thing it's enough.
What I liked and make my decide to go to the B14 is the monotube system and 40mm rod, when for example KW is 20mm and bitube system.
Would tell you how it goes. I think that the B14 give more performance to handling.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Don't think you'll get any more than 1.2" out of the rear with the B14s based on what I've found out

1 - 20 of 284 Posts