Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think is the worst part about cleaning your car?

I would say it's either the hose getting stuck under the tire every time you switch sides OR bugs trying to fly into every orifice on your face the whole time.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Putting everything away - especially the power washer.

Regarding the car itself the worst part is trying to clean that cloth insert on the door panels.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
The hose constantly getting stuck under the tire is definitely annoying, and I also agree that the cloth door panels are a PITA. I'd say the most annoying thing to me when I clean my car is that I find new scratches and chips on the hood/bumper every time and it makes me sad.

edit: Oh, and the fact that not two days after a good detail it looks dirty again. sigh* thats what I get for having a black car.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
The hose thing has an easy cheap fix. Get a plastic tire chock, put it on backwards so the ramp races away from the tire, that should keep the hose from wedging under the tire.
My biggest complaint is cleaning the grill.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
After cleaning it your wheels are already dusted with brake dust and your hatch is all dirty to

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Trying to get all the brake dust out of all the nooks and crannies. Always seem to miss a few spots.
Damn snow flakes.

·
Registered
201 Posts
When both cars need to be washed.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah yes, those damn wheels! So time consuming to clean. I have matt black wheels so at least brake dust isn't quite as noticeable.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Gonna agree with the other guys that said wheels. The optional black/machined ones on my car made me buy a $25 oversized bottlebrush just to make it a bit easier and it still sucks.

Close second is the dribbles from the mirrors.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
For those who don't like cleaning wheels, or think they are a pia. You need to change what tools you are using.
First take them off, clean them up off the car really well.
Then polish them, not wax, or cleaner wax, just polish them.
Now put a coating on them. I used CQuartz DeLux, but any coating should work.

To clean them I spray them off with the hose.
I use Adams wheel cleaner that is diluted 1:1 on already wet wheels.
I use two wheel woolies, the large one with curved handle, it is used in the large holes and gets the barrel and entire inside of the wheel, and I use the medium with straight handle. That is for the small holes and corners.
Rinse well. Takes two minutes.

The coating should last a couple years before you need to reapply.

·
Registered
855 Posts
All that nasty, reddish-brown water that drips / flies out of the brake rotors and messes up the insides of the wheels. Makes me want Titanium 18's....much easier to clean.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts