Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Administrator
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,331 Posts
If only we had access to the 10 years worth of discussions on this site. Then we could just review all that extensive information, that has been gone over hundreds of times...

· Registered
2014 Oxford White ST3
201 Posts
I bought my car new and am just now getting around to the Big Turbo and related mods thing. What Duece is saying in his post is that this website is a great resource for all your needs in this area, just use the search engine. I know little but have been learning, with help from others, and searching the website. I know enough though to tell you that you don't need to change internals for 350 HP. Aside from searching this website, you might want to look at some of the videos from Edge Autosports. You can start with this:

· Registered
2018 HPR ST1
1,007 Posts
This. I am about to install a BNR 3071, all stock internals. rod #4 will eventually leave the chat. See it as an excuse to spend more money down the road on an SP63 package. Also put it all on a 27% interest credit card from credit karma, and then default on it. *freeracecarparts

only 350? just send it bud

· Registered
292 Posts
If only we had access to the 10 years worth of discussions on this site. Then we could just review all that extensive information, that has been gone over hundreds of times...
Over 10 years sometimes posters have life changes and can't/won't answer questions regarding their extended experiences. Active members especially those who are still modding and driving their vehicles can provide more detailed, accurate info and experience. I agree searching first is best but sometimes searching isn't as fruitful as you would hope. Gotta hit the right search words dead on and honestly sometimes peoples grammatical errors can make searching difficult.

Ideally, use google or DDG using the following format as the site search engine can be a pain to use...
site:www.focusst.org topic
This is my default search behavior. It even digs up old threads...if that thread still exists is another story.

· Administrator
15,331 Posts
Over 10 years sometimes posters have life changes and can't/won't answer questions regarding their extended experiences. Active members especially those who are still modding and driving their vehicles can provide more detailed, accurate info and experience. I agree searching first is best but sometimes searching isn't as fruitful as you would hope. Gotta hit the right search words dead on and honestly sometimes peoples grammatical errors can make searching difficult.

This is my default search behavior. It even digs up old threads...if that thread still exists is another story.
I may be well aware, as I am an Admin, and literally in charge of the moderator team. I've working on this forum a very, very long time now.

When people post the same questions over and over again, it destroys the ability to search for quality content. Muddies the water.

We seem to go over this a ton on here, proper searching, and big turbos.

· Administrator
15,331 Posts
I can't argue against this, not that I want to. I sometimes have to expand my search results and keywords and still can't get it right 😔
We appreciate members like you, that search, and reach out to help members.

Again, if you are in a pickle, you can always send a well worded PM to me, or a mod. We literally read EVERY thread on here for content, spammers, and rules violations. We have extensive bookmarks on all sorts of fantastic threads, and are quite happy to help someone like you, who does a little legwork first. We understand the site search is trash, and google pics up a ton of crap a lot of the time, we are here to help.

I'm just a Mr. Poopypants about where the forum is now, compared to the glory days. So don't mind me too much, lol

· Registered
2014 Oxford White ST3
201 Posts
"Again, if you are in a pickle, you can always send a well worded PM to me, or a mod. We literally read EVERY thread on here for content, spammers, and rules violations. We have extensive bookmarks on all sorts of fantastic threads, and are quite happy to help someone like you, who does a little legwork first. We understand the site search is trash, and google pics up a ton of crap a lot of the time, we are here to help."

This statement is absolutely true as I have experienced it with Kyle (TurboGT). I have pummeled that poor guy with tons of questions and I so very much appreciate his kindly responses and advice. Kudos to that fine gentleman and the rest of the moderators here. Thank you!

· Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
5,391 Posts
I may be well aware, as I am an Admin, and literally in charge of the moderator team. I've working on this forum a very, very long time now.
You poor bastard!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.