Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

This was the biggest problem I had when putting in my big turbo upgrade.
It took a little trial and error to get this right. And I know a couple people have had this issue, so I made a diagram for those to use as needed.

-EcoBeast-

Diagram Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive exhaust Automotive fuel system
Auto part Tire Pipe Bolt cutter Fuel line
Wire Auto part

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for wrong section.. Go right ahead.. that's where it needs to be.. and thanks for the Sticky!

Reactions: 13 FOCUS ST2

· Registered
178 Posts
lol I also spent a whole week figuring this out. But the work was worth it!!!

· Registered
650 Posts
So can I cap off both lines coming out of the solenoid on the valve cover. I know one runs to the old bpv amd the other was for the boost side. Now I currently jave both the hard vaccum lines dangling.

· Registered
3,230 Posts
So can I cap off both lines coming out of the solenoid on the valve cover. I know one runs to the old bpv amd the other was for the boost side. Now I currently jave both the hard vaccum lines dangling.
Yeah. I did mine like the diagram though and later learned that you dont need to hook anything bakc up top. Diagram shold really be updated to reflect this. You'll need a cap with size 7/32 for the top.

· Registered
29 Posts
Can you run the old BPV hose to the new BOV if you are already using the symposer delete nipple?

· Registered
2,087 Posts
Can you run the old BPV hose to the new BOV if you are already using the symposer delete nipple?
No. Not enough vacuum to activate the BOV. CP-E had a special spring made for their exhale kit to run off of the solenoid. I think it's-3psi or something.

· Registered
29 Posts
what is the other option if you are already using the symposer delete plate for an aftermarket boost gauge?

· Registered
2,087 Posts
what is the other option if you are already using the symposer delete plate for an aftermarket boost gauge?
Just get a tee and tap into the line.
:whs: That'e exactly what I did on mine. Grabbed some "Ts" from Autozone. Unless you work at a machine shop and can fab up a block. CPE has one if you feel like dishing out $150.

· Registered
29 Posts
So I should be able to tap into the symposer delete hose for the BOV and continue running my boost gauge off it as well if I understand you correctly

· Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
5,391 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.