Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am on my 3rd revision. I do not hear the BOV at all, I connected it to the stock voc vacuum source. I didn't get the map tap since I bought it from people. I have turbo flutter, and yes I am talking to my tuner about it and he is going to watch paramaters. It does hold boost and doesn't leak. Anybody have any suggestions or any experience?

·
Premium Member
13,108 Posts
There are two cp-e kits. The old kit that you used the factory vacuum source and the new were you use the maptap and vacuum from the engine not the vacuum pump. If your using the newer one off the pump you will get flutter. I recommend buying the maptap or symposer delete with vacuum nipple.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are two cp-e kits. The old kit that you used the factory vacuum source and the new were you use the maptap and vacuum from the engine not the vacuum pump. If your using the newer one off the pump you will get flutter. I recommend buying the maptap or symposer delete with vacuum nipple.

When I bought the car, it came with a TTR intake manifold and there is no place to put the symposer delete. I will be having to grab the maptap for sure.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well talked to my tuner and he doesnt like the Maptap so I am going to try to figure something else out. The spring for the Tial Q that came with mine is the -20inHG that should be fine for the car correct?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which color spring? Who's your tuner and why doesn't he like the maptap? Also that manifold has spots to attach vacuum lines.

The bov came with it prebuilt in, but I looked it up and it is the yellow one. Its purple drank and because the maptap can cause the map to give off weird readins. Hm do you know where?

·
Premium Member
13,108 Posts
Right on the front.

As for tuning my tuner hasn't had any issues with mine. I'm also running the plain (non painted) spring. I found the yellow to be too stiff. For the factory vacuum source I definitely wouldn't run that. Cp-e had a special spring made for the first version of the exhale kits. This was later replaced by the normal spring lineup and their maptap.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right on the front.

As for tuning my tuner hasn't had any issues with mine. I'm also running the plain (non painted) spring. I found the yellow to be too stiff. For the factory vacuum source I definitely wouldn't run that. Cp-e had a special spring made for the first version of the exhale kits. This was later replaced by the normal spring lineup and their maptap.

I got the JBR exhale part and then the bov seperate. So I may need to get a new spring. So I can just tap into the front of the manifold with a fitting?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Before buying a new spring I would switch the vacuum source first. Then adjust from there.

Thank you. I am going to message TTR and ask them what specifically I need to tap to the front.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There should just be a plug you remove. Then thread in the new fitting with a little bit of Teflon tape to help keep it air tight.

Just did that today, I can now hear the BOV above 7-8psi of boost. I appreciate your help man.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does it sound like it's surging anymore?

I dont really hear a flutter at all. I hear the flutter from the Turbo if enough PSI is present and the BOV.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts