Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a run down to the beach in mexico, probably its first proper drive now that the tune is dialed in.

Driving through the twisties giving it a bit of a squirt came across an 06 Aston Martin Vantage (spoke to him after we pulled in). Rolled from about 60kmh to the top of third and had him by half a car.

I'm not sure who was more suprised lol. Spewing I didn't get it on tape.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm not sure how the two cars are comparable in any way. My drone gets to 40mph a LOT faster than my tuned FST. And it takes better photos.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm not sure how the two cars are comparable in any way. My drone gets to 40mph a LOT faster than my tuned FST. And it takes better photos.
For a start they both have a petrol engine, 4 wheels, disc brakes, 4 tyres, 2 front seats, a steering wheel, a radio, a windscreen, brake lights, headlights, a fuel tank etc.

Now as to the relevance of your drone to the ST, that is a tricky one as one is a car, the other a drone. But I must say zakiu - cool story

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I am not sure the relevance of this post. We are talking about the st and comparing to other cars in a who is faster situation lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Took a run down to the beach in mexico, probably its first proper drive now that the tune is dialed in.

Driving through the twisties giving it a bit of a squirt came across an 06 Aston Martin Vantage (spoke to him after we pulled in). Rolled from about 60kmh to the top of third and had him by half a car.

I'm not sure who was more suprised lol. Spewing I didn't get it on tape.
V8 or V12? The V8 makes 420 hp and a relatively lowly 347 lb-ft. I'm not terribly surprised you pulled on him. The Vantage is Aston's sports car and is designed more so for a handling track. You also have a ~400 pound weight advantage. Nice kill though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
V8 or V12? The V8 makes 420 hp and a relatively lowly 347 lb-ft. I'm not terribly surprised you pulled on him. The Vantage is Aston's sports car and is designed more so for a handling track. You also have a ~400 pound weight advantage. Nice kill though.
Observe the thread title

1 - 9 of 9 Posts