Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just had a good day out at my local drag strip
This track is known for being half a second slower than other tracks around me due to it being uphill
My ST is on a 225/45zr17 street tire so I do indeed spin
Big turbo, not spraying methanol this pass
Here is a run that I had with a bolt ons C7 Corvette
ST: 13.2 @ 111.2mph
C7 Vette: 13.1 @ 112.9mph

Follow my build on instagram @hated_st

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Like I told Stealth when I saw him running mid to low 13's on street tires. GET SOME SLICKS! JST just ran 12.1 and 12.2 with slicks with a similar trap speed.

Stealth with a terrible 60' for slicks (1.9x) ran 12.5. We'll be looking to improve on that next Street Legals.

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I told Stealth when I saw him running mid to low 13's on street tires. GET SOME SLICKS! JST just ran 12.1 and 12.2 with slicks with a similar trap speed.

Stealth with a terrible 60' for slicks (1.9x) ran 12.5. We'll be looking to improve on that next Street Legals.
I definitely need to invest in some slicks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, my local track also! hope to see you there soon

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, my local track also! hope to see you there soon
I'll be out there on the 19th of November, if you're out there and you see me be sure to say hi!

·
Registered
406 Posts

JsT is stock turbo I believe too, so traction is the key!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Who cares if it spins. I swear, I had more fun driving my old turbo Mustang running [email protected] then running 10's on slics. Made for some interesting sling shots at the end of the track, lol.

·
Registered
464 Posts
No one else going to say it?

That Vette needs some driver mod BAD. Before bolt ons, it should easily be a second quicker(plus the half second you claim for uphill).

·
Registered
155 Posts
No one else going to say it?

That Vette needs some driver mod BAD. Before bolt ons, it should easily be a second quicker(plus the half second you claim for uphill).
the fastest I have seen a c7 corvette stock is 12.5 pretty bad for a v8

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, just had a good day out at my local drag strip
This track is known for being half a second slower than other tracks around me due to it being uphill
My ST is on a 225/45zr17 street tire so I do indeed spin
Big turbo, not spraying methanol this pass
Here is a run that I had with a bolt ons C7 Corvette
ST: 13.2 @ 111.2mph
C7 Vette: 13.1 @ 112.9mph

Follow my build on instagram @hated_st
A big turbo focus ST stage 3 full bolt on will be much faster than the new stock c7 corvette thanks to our car for being much lighter. Also the fastest I have seen a c7 corvette do is 12.5 on 1/4 mile wich is bad for a v8. corvette should have never give up there old v8 sting ray rear engine, this new mid engine sucks plus the old corvette sting ray were much faster in the 10s. Also the fastest Focus ST big turbo stsged I have seen is 11.5 plus he was missing few things.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts