Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2018 Oxford White ST2 - Stage 3
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I'm planning my future BT build! Currently sitting at stage 2 and tune by Stratified, with a downpipe awaiting to be installed this weekend to push me into that stage 3. I'm looking to run a 2867r in the future and curious if I really need to upgrade the cold pipe with it or if I can wait until I do WMI down the road? 3P Performance looks to have a pre welded hot side pipe I would do the build with because I see accessibility benefits to the hot side BOV... and tbh it would save me a few dollars until I do WMI, like I said. I've never had a charge pipe blow off, and I did the "hairspray trick" when I installed my intercooler. Any concerns staying stock cold pipe w/ BT and only upgrading the hot side for the time being?

· Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
9,373 Posts
This is something I'd do, actually. The placement of the BOV here looks to fit in place better than in the cold side pipe.

People will argue that its better to relieve pressure after the intercooler, however the stock turbo bypasses pressurized air all the way before the hotside pipe (on the actual compressor housing) and it doesn't create an issue.

Thanks for inadvertently Sharing another BOV pipe option, as well.

· Registered
1,964 Posts
And there are tuners that dont run bov’s either.... primarily subaru and sandrail applications. I dont know how it works really.... i digress

I personally like my CPe exhale kit and tial bov, its quiet in cabin and not that obnoxious around the city unless shifting over 2500rpm+. It has I believe a wmi injection port too...

· Registered
2014 ST3
75 Posts

· Registered
2014 ST3
75 Posts
This is the direction I plan to go with. How was fitment?
Fitment was spot on. Very happy with the quality of the 3P Performance stuff I have. I also run their dump tube.

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exhaust

· Registered
2016 Electric gold pearl, GTX2860R gen 2, Mishimoto Intercooler, 3” Cobb catted DP and catback,
41 Posts
You can also just plumb a 2.25" section of pipe with your flange of choice into the stock hotside. I ran it like this for a while.

View attachment 389623
You say you ran that for a while. What did you do after that? I have a Mishimoto hot side pipe and silicone couplers which doesn’t give me a long enough run of straight hose to splice in a Tee flange but I suppose I could go back to stock hot side.

· Registered
2018 Focus ST3
269 Posts
You say you ran that for a while. What did you do after that? I have a Mishimoto hot side pipe and silicone couplers which doesn’t give me a long enough run of straight hose to splice in a Tee flange but I suppose I could go back to stock hot side.
I upgraded my stock charge pipe to an aftermarket one by 3P. They were able to put the flange on that location.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.