Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on going big turbo soon so I'm planning everything that i need to buy. Right now I'm running a Depo Racing catless Downpipe, AP v3, green filter, JST Performance Intercooler kit (Mishimoto), and Tial Q BOV. My goal is to get atleast 400whp. So the turbo I'll like to go with is the GTX2871R. Then run the AEM V2 Water/Meth kit. I'll probably need new charge pipes and then later down the line I'll need to upgrade the clutch. Please let me know if there's anything else that I'm missing that is important.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You will need a charge pipe that incorporates a mounting flange for your tial Q. Other route is to have a flange welded to the stock hot side pipe, I went this route but with a turbo xs blow off valve to save a few bucks. You'll want a guardian angel to pair with the water meth system to protect the engine in case the flow of water/meth stops during a pull. You will also want one step colder spark plugs for the big turbo. Once you start using the water/meth system you will be running significantly more boost than with the stock turbo and your clamps will blow off frequently around 25+ psi so you will want to upgrade those.

·
Registered
383 Posts
You will need a charge pipe that incorporates a mounting flange for your tial Q. Other route is to have a flange welded to the stock hot side pipe, I went this route but with a turbo xs blow off valve to save a few bucks. You'll want a guardian angel to pair with the water meth system to protect the engine in case the flow of water/meth stops during a pull. You will also want one step colder spark plugs for the big turbo. Once you start using the water/meth system you will be running significantly more boost than with the stock turbo and your clamps will blow off frequently around 25+ psi so you will want to upgrade those.
:whs:

Sounds like you have most of it figured out already.
I ran a similar setup with a GTX2867R and AEM V2 plus used a Guardian Angel as my safety in case I ran out of juice.
Good tune is also absolutely necessary when running a big turbo!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks man, would you recommend the Denso Iridium Power Plug one step closer ITV22.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
thanks man, would you recommend the Denso Iridium Power Plug one step closer ITV22.
Yes. I'm sure he will. Gap them correctly and they are an amazing plug. I run them myself at Stage 3

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would also upgrade the intake and exhaust as well. It wouldn't hurt to get a occ on the intake manifold side. If you havent done rmm and psmm, i would do so to help with traction and engine movement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would also upgrade the intake and exhaust as well. It wouldn't hurt to get a occ on the intake manifold side. If you havent done rmm and psmm, i would do so to help with traction and engine movement.
sorry I left out my cpe stage 2 rmm, and I also have a muffler delete.

·
Registered
383 Posts
sorry I left out my cpe stage 2 rmm, and I also have a muffler delete.
This is a must and would also HIGHLY recommend the CPE Stage 2 RMM. Amazing!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts