Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to get info on how much power can a stock ST motor handle safely before having to swap internals. Also curious if anyone has had their cylinder head ported. Thanks group!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Wanting to get info on how much power can a stock ST motor handle safely before having to swap internals. Also curious if anyone has had their cylinder head ported. Thanks group!
This is a rather commonly asked question. It's debated and it can vary a lot based on factors like fuel, tunes, etc. but I can tell you that the car can hit up to 500whp on stock internals. That seems to be the uppermost limit. Clutch can't do much more than 400-420, and a lot of big turbo guys sit comfortably at 450 tops and are happy and within block limits. Aux fueling, meth, and E85 usage helps push that up some. Do some searched on google. Try typing exactly this into google or bing "site:focusst.org how much power can the stock block handle" and you'll get some results.

Edit: Oh, I'll throw @SIstomper into the mix. He's been around this block a time or two enough to attest. We have a pretty mean 2.0L block in this car.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a rather commonly asked question. It's debated and it can vary a lot based on factors like fuel, tunes, etc. but I can tell you that the car can hit up to 500whp on stock internals. That seems to be the uppermost limit. Clutch can't do much more than 400-420, and a lot of big turbo guys sit comfortably at 450 tops and are happy and within block limits. Aux fueling, meth, and E85 usage helps push that up some. Do some searched on google. Try typing exactly this into google or bing "site:focusst.org how much power can the stock block handle" and you'll get some results.

Edit: Oh, I'll throw @SIstomper into the mix. He's been around this block a time or two enough to attest. We have a pretty mean 2.0L block in this car.
That's good to know! I'm not looking to build it up to 500hp, more like 350whp as a daily driver. Swapping internals would the the last thing I'd ever want to do. As far as fuel and tuning, I don't want to have to tune for more than 93 octane as Ethanol equiped stations aren't very common in AZ.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn Gumby, this was on point exactly what I needed to see! Another thing I'm looking into was how high can I run before having to use specialized fuel and you answered my question without me having to ask, Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts