Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2018 ST with the 2867r gen 2, with only the jbr hot side pipe and a tialq bov. No intercooler or downpipe just basically the big turbo upgrade. I'm wondering if anyone else has a similar setup running 91 pump gas, and what power and 1/4 times are you getting and what can I expect to get in the 1/4 mile. Currently on the 6th or 7th tune revision from stratafied.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,590 Posts
So I have a 2018 ST with the 2867r gen 2, with only the jbr hot side pipe and a tialq bov. No intercooler or downpipe just basically the big turbo upgrade. I'm wondering if anyone else has a similar setup running 91 pump gas, and what power and 1/4 times are you getting and what can I expect to get in the 1/4 mile. Currently on the 6th or 7th tune revision from stratafied.

I just threw up a little.

Huh? Are you sure you have the OEM intercooler?

This is just madness.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Uhhhhhhm... I’m with Deuce. Your power numbers are going to be limited if all you have is a BT on your car.

Hard to breathe through a drinking straw...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have the stock Intercooler still. I'll be getting a depo one hopefully soon.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I know the Intercooler is limiting me. If you have a used one for sale let me know.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I'll upload a log today or tomorrow.

If you havent used Vdyno, its pretty cool. You pretty much just setup vdyno with your car and tire info. Then it does the rest. See here for more info:

make note on the AFR/Boost part, you need to tell vdyno the exact field name from your log (just copy and paste the header from the log file into those sections of vydo.)

Lastly, just grab a screen shot from within vdyno and post it here as a picture. To post a log, any file upload site (dropbox/google drive/ datazap) and share link.

Im mostly just curious how your temps look on the top of your pull and how the dyno looks. An intercooler should be on the top of your list. I'm sure the car gets really annoyed trying to keep up with the stock on with that upgraded turbo. These guys i think have the best price: https://www.deporacing.us/product/ford-focus-st-3-5-intercooler-upgrade/ and will handle your power past 400whp

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you havent used Vdyno, its pretty cool. You pretty much just setup vdyno with your car and tire info. Then it does the rest. See here for more info:

make note on the AFR/Boost part, you need to tell vdyno the exact field name from your log (just copy and paste the header from the log file into those sections of vydo.)

Lastly, just grab a screen shot from within vdyno and post it here as a picture. To post a log, any file upload site (dropbox/google drive/ datazap) and share link.

Im mostly just curious how your temps look on the top of your pull and how the dyno looks. An intercooler should be on the top of your list. I'm sure the car gets really annoyed trying to keep up with the stock on with that upgraded turbo. These guys i think have the best price: https://www.deporacing.us/product/ford-focus-st-3-5-intercooler-upgrade/ and will handle your power past 400whp
Thanks depo if what I'm looking to buy preferably used to save some money. Also where do I download virtual Dyno ?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks depo if what I'm looking to buy preferably used to save some money. Also where do I download virtual Dyno ?

Depends on where you’re located... I have a Depo 3.5 sitting in my shop but shipping might be pretty spendy...

Feel free to PM me if you want details...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Depends on where you’re located... I have a Depo 3.5 sitting in my shop but shipping might be pretty spendy...

Feel free to PM me if you want details...

Pmd

·
Super Moderator
7,590 Posts
here is the vdyno from the lastest log. i just loaded a run. not sure if i have to change any settings. any help would be appreciated.
Those v-dynos look a bit rough. Either bad roads, wheelspin, or just bump the smoothing up a notch.

I'm interested in your CAT, so if you can post up the logs instead of the vdyno, that'd be more helpful.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those v-dynos look a bit rough. Either bad roads, wheelspin, or just bump the smoothing up a notch.

I'm interested in your CAT, so if you can post up the logs instead of the vdyno, that'd be more helpful.
I just changed the smoothing to 3, I saw that by stratified on another thready. I will upload the logs now.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts