Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ignot silver ST and rock chips everywhere. Is there a factory paint I can use to cover them up? I've never repaired rock chips before so I don't really know the process.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have ignot silver ST and rock chips everywhere. Is there a factory paint I can use to cover them up? I've never repaired rock chips before so I don't really know the process.
Just think of them as freckles for your car, gives character.

Reactions: W4R and Zeek

·
Registered
163 Posts
I havent used it personally, but I believe the best way to fix them, is the Dr. Color Chip touch up paint kit. I plan on getting one myself in the spring to touch up all of my chips.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I bought the factory touch up paint kit from the dealer, the paint matches ok, but the brush it comes with is complete and utter garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE, TERRRRIIIIBLE
You need a good pointed touch up brush like a detail shop would use.

I used to work for one, and the paint guy that did touch ups would fill the chip with paint off these little horse hair brushes, touch it up with clear, then sand and polish it smooth to match the factory paint so it didn't stick up, he was really good. he did a blend on my bumper where I backed into a cement post and scuffed the paint, I could never tell where it was, granted, it wasn't a rock chip touch up, he sanded and resprayed like a 4x6 inch area.

Reactions: Loki C346

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Dr. Color Chip. I've been using it for years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts