Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys learning a lit being a new owner of a ST but any suggestions to make my 2015 ST louder but not too much like a ricer? I'd rather not spend over 200 rn but eventually I'll be buying a nice setup for exhaust. Just dont wanna spend over 200 at this moment need my car louder haha

·
Registered
425 Posts
Resonator delete (mrt has a bolt in one you can do yourself for 60 bucks). Then gut the muffler as shown here.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You can do a resonator and muffler delete. It will be loud with some turbo whistle and slight rasp. Or you can do just the muffler delete. It won't be as loud, but it will sound cleaner.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Res delete and/or muffler delete are your only options under $200.

Muff delete will be loud and drone at high speeds, res delete adds a bit of noise but it's not much.

IMO up your budget or just wait to get a full exhaust

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Louder inside the car:
1. aftermarket RMM - transmits a lot more bass from the engine's vibes into the cabin
2. cut out the lower cowl to fit a strut tower brace like the TB - lets in a lot more engine sound

·
Registered
158 Posts
Resonator delete (mrt has a bolt in one you can do yourself for 60 bucks). Then gut the muffler as shown here.
What would gutting the packing out of the muffler do more than just make it noisier/raspier? Can't imagine it improving performance any. Is that a correct assumption?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Louder inside the car:
1. aftermarket RMM - transmits a lot more bass from the engine's vibes into the cabin
2. cut out the lower cowl to fit a strut tower brace like the TB - lets in a lot more engine sound

Haha! I have both. And installing ttr trans and motor mount tomorrow. How much more nvh should I expect?

·
Registered
425 Posts
What would gutting the packing out of the muffler do more than just make it noisier/raspier? Can't imagine it improving performance any. Is that a correct assumption?
He asked for loud but sound nice and under 200 bucks and that will surely get him there. Resonator and muffler deletes done together sound like crap in my opinion. Gutting the packing from the muffler but leaving it in place gives it a nicer tone.And like @G heinrich said, no exhaust will increase performance on stock tune.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Haha! I have both. And installing ttr trans and motor mount tomorrow. How much more nvh should I expect?
I am totally good w/ my setup, NVH isn't intense and just adds feel, but I don't have experience with the other two mounts (plenty others do). I've read having 2 is worse than having all 3, so if you're gonna do more than just the RMM then go all the way. Enjoy the good vibes!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I am totally good w/ my setup, NVH isn't intense and just adds feel, but I don't have experience with the other two mounts (plenty others do). I've read having 2 is worse than having all 3, so if you're gonna do more than just the RMM then go all the way. Enjoy the good vibes!

I've had the CPE stage 2 rmm installed for over a year now. And I still installed the TB performance strut tower brace at the beginning of Summer. I was just wondering cuz I'm going to be installing the TTR driver's and passenger side mounts this afternoon after work.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just my opinion, and I know how hard it is to budget and be patient, but that $200 that you are spending now will be wasted when you remove whatever temporary workaround you implement for an engineered exhaust.

Consider either waiting and putting that $200 toward what you really want in X months, or (if you cannot wait) raise funds (ebay / CL parts, tools unused stuff etc) to raise the money for what you want now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
One of most economical offerings around. Out of stock now, but keep a watch because they suddenly get more in. Made of 304, too! Supposed to sound really good with no drone.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
One of most economical offerings around. Out of stock now, but keep a watch because they suddenly get more in. Made of 304, too! Supposed to sound really good with no drone.

That's what I have no drone at all sounds great. Although there are no pops and crackles on decel. Get a little bit of drone when you add a downpipe and a stage 3 tune. most places are out of stock but last I saw they had them at import image racing.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have yet to hear a good sounding modified ST exhaust.
Of course, taste is subjective. I will say the ST is one of the only 4 cylinders i like the sound of, personally.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Last I talked with CNT they were not expecting to have them back in stock. I think they are a casualty of the China - USA trade war.

·
Registered
422 Posts
That's pretty inexpensive for a 304 SS cat-back exhaust. There was a Ford Motorsport (Borla) exhaust on eBay (may still be there). It was a bit bent from a rear collision, but maybe you can make an offer, and pick it up (if it's nearby) and straighten it out...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts