Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trickl question, sorry. But as I shop around, it seems a block off plate, is a block off plate, is a block off plate. Just pick one and be done! Or am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
That's about it. Depending on your needs, get one with or without the hole in it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Get one with a hole for future use. You may not need it now but will save time and money down the road if you end up there.

You're right, a plate is a plate.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I have one of those block off plates u speak of for sale. 20 buckaroos and its urs lol plus shipping lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Trickl question, sorry. But as I shop around, it seems a block off plate, is a block off plate, is a block off plate. Just pick one and be done! Or am I missing something?
Nope, you're not missing anything. So long as the kit has a plate, o-ring to prevent any vacuum leaks and a plug for the hole left in the firewall under the cowl, you're good to go. I used Steeda's for $25.

I was surprised how much more quiet the cabin was after install! Good luck!

https://www.steeda.com/focus/steeda-focus-st-symposer-delete-13-15-st-555-3179/

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
You did good with the JBR. Screw Cobb and the other over priced guys that don't even come with the firewall plug.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had it in another thread a while back, but I don't need the firewall plug. My car was s misbuild; Symposer parts were missing from the valve on the battery box to the firewall. My guess is they didn't drill the hole in the firewall and just left the associated parts off after that. Quality :-/ I initially thought I wanted it fixed, but now with a Cobb cat back, I think I have enough noise in the cabin anyways. So for me, I never knew what I was/am missing. Getting a plate just to clean it all up.

Question though...what about the valve assembly on the battery box? It won't throw a code or CEL from unplugging that will it? When you guys delete this, are you gutting the whole system or are you leaving that valve so you can leave it hooked up?

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
I had it in another thread a while back, but I don't need the firewall plug. My car was s misbuild; Symposer parts were missing from the valve on the battery box to the firewall. My guess is they didn't drill the hole in the firewall and just left the associated parts off after that. Quality :-/ I initially thought I wanted it fixed, but now with a Cobb cat back, I think I have enough noise in the cabin anyways. So for me, I never knew what I was/am missing. Getting a plate just to clean it all up.

Question though...what about the valve assembly on the battery box? It won't throw a code or CEL from unplugging that will it? When you guys delete this, are you gutting the whole system or are you leaving that valve so you can leave it hooked up?
you can pull the whole setup - no CEL

·
Registered
206 Posts
I also removed the entire assembly, wrapped the plug in electrical tape and zip tied it out of the way. I kept the valve just in case I got a CEL, but never got one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts