Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to know what tires people are using, looking for a good summer only tire with good wet weather performance. Good traction in dry conditions is great, but I daily drive mine and wet weather grip and hydroplane resistance are important to me.

Back when I had my 2012 Focus SE I had some BFG sport comp-2 tires and they were great. I see they still make them, anything else that can compete with them all around?

Ideally looking to spend less then a set of nice Michelins, unless they're the only really the only one worth looking at.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pilot 4S looks tempting... I just looked it up and I can't get my BFGs anyways... They've been around for a while so I'm sure they got discontinued. I might look at the Michelins and just bite the bullet.

The potenzas also looks nice, but the wet weather isn't great. The Nittos I had on my mustang were the same way. I'd have to drop down to 60 on the freeway to keep from hydroplaning, which I hated.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The pilot 4S looks tempting... I just looked it up and I can't get my BFGs anyways... They've been around for a while so I'm sure they got discontinued. I might look at the Michelins and just bite the bullet.

The potenzas also looks nice, but the wet weather isn't great. The Nittos I had on my mustang were the same way. I'd have to drop down to 60 on the freeway to keep from hydroplaning, which I hated.
I never had any issues with the Michelin’s and when it’s dry, they hug the corners like nobody’s business. Obviously they are expensive but that’s old saying “you get what you pay for” really comes into play when discussing tires.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have Michelin Pilot Sport 4s best tire in my opinion.
...Pilot Sport 4s
They are hard to beat if performance is your single variable.
I loved the tires brand new, but when they lost about 1/3 of their tread, they were so damned loud I couldn't stand them anymore.
I finally settled on the Hankook Ventus V12 and those were a really good street tire for the money... mind you, I'm not a track person or anything, I just want the highest performing street equipment for daily driving and occasional debauchery. And road noise seriously get's on my nerves.

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST, big turbo, built motor and trans, 4 port aux fuel.
29 Posts
I had a set of Nitto NT555G2 for a while on my car for summer driving. Drove everyday about 30 mins each way to the city, in dry and wet, and then also used it for autocross and spirited driving on some backroads and it was a great tire. Especially for the price of the nittos compared to others they are a good deal.

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a set of Nitto NT555G2 for a while on my car for summer driving. Drove everyday about 30 mins each way to the city, in dry and wet, and then also used it for autocross and spirited driving on some backroads and it was a great tire. Especially for the price of the nittos compared to others they are a good deal.
I had those on my Mustang and I wasn't super impressed by them. Dry handling was good, but they hydroplaned so easily.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Eagle F1 A2 summer are fine for DD and spirited back road driving. Ive tracked mine with no real major problems in a novice setting.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Reactions: Joeywhat
1 - 10 of 10 Posts