Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what’s everyone think? I’m looking for the least amount of vibe that still will get the job done. Right now i’m thinking of trying the CPE flex stage 2. But maybe there’s a better one that I don’t know about.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've run the TSB mount, Boomba and cp-e. I do enjoy the cp-e more. Boomba is a great mount but cp-e has less NVH and does an awesome job. I have a comparison in my build thread.

Sent from another galaxy.
Awesome. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
I believe it’s hard to beat the Mountune RMM. It gets the job done, and after about 500 miles there’s NVH.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I will second the mountune option. The only time I can tell the difference anymore is on some really cold days.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Damond. Hands down. At least with the Mazdaspeed community, they're widely regarded as the best. And these platforms are very similar. I tried CP-E, Street Unit, and Cobb, and they weren't nearly as good. More vibration transferred and didn't hold as firmly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have been running Cobb for 15000km and it still works great and looks like new.

I think asking such a broad question will give you the results you are getting. Everyone has their own preferences and experiences. I don't think you can wrong with any of the major names mentioned. The only RMM I have seen that I would not recommend is Elevate. I have seen 2 out of 2 of these **** themselves withing 10000km and require new bushings.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm interested in hearing from folks that have tried more than one RMM.

I've been running a Mountune RMM for about 1,000 miles. It was a definite improvement over OEM. After installation, the change in vibration was noticeable, but after a few hundred miles there's hardly any difference from OEM. Shifting is improved and I still get a 1-2 shift clunk at lower speeds when I shift too fast and don't give the RPM's a chance to match more closely. It still leaves me wanting a firmer RMM, but I also don't want a major increase in vibration.

I'd recommend Mountune for someone who wants a moderately improved shifting with very little to no vibration increase. It fits that bill perfectly.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmm. I had a CPE mount a couple years ago but pulled it off after a week because I didn't like the vibes. And that was a 65 duro piece. I guess I'll need to give this next one more time to break in.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I absolutely love my Mountune RMM. NVH is barely increased over the E-Focus Mount but wheel hop is reduced significantly. My recommendation is if you find wheel hop still an issue after installing the mountune RMM, try it in conjunction with the TB Performance Traction Bar. I believe the mountune RMM and TB Performance Traction Bar is less expensive than the 2 stage CPE Rear Motor Mount and should provide substantially improved NVH.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hmmm. I had a CPE mount a couple years ago but pulled it off after a week because I didn't like the vibes. And that was a 65 duro piece. I guess I'll need to give this next one more time to break in.
Durometer rating/hardness is only part of it. Most mounts basically copy the form/function of the stock mounts. Damond uses bushings that are oriented properly to effectively absorb vibration and hold the motor in place. Sure, there's more vibration that stock, but not nearly as bad as the traditional mounts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,885 Posts
The cpe stage two take about 1000 mile for full break in. I'm running all three with the highest durometer bushings. The only time I really notice is with the A/C on at a stop.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My Cobb RMM has such bad vibrations, it's been in for 500 miles and I'm hoping it breaks in soon or I'll end up selling this for a CP-E stage 2 RMM. I love how it drives, handles way better; but if you leave the AC on at a red light it looks like the water cup from Jurassic park and feels like you're getting a whole body massage in your chair.

·
Vendor
3,278 Posts
Thousands of customers later, undeniable performance, and a lifetime warranty on the bushing is what keeps people coming back for the Boomba!

Oh, and can't forget the superior poured-in bushing design vs many competitors pressed-in one.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I love how everyone is like

"XXX hands down."

"YYY, enough said."

"ZZZ, no contest."

Realistically, all the ones listed to far will do a great job. This is kinda similar to the "which tuner is best?" question. Miniscule differences related to NVM, customer service, and price make up the only considerable differences. They'll all be great :cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts