Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I ran into two issues with Mountune so I canceled an order for my RMM mainly because I paid for two day shipping and haven't gotten an update in a week. Who would be the best company to get from besides them for the RMM?

Thanks!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hey guys, I ran into two issues with Mountune so I canceled an order for my RMM mainly because I paid for two day shipping and haven't gotten an update in a week. Who would be the best company to get from besides them for the RMM?

Thanks!
This really depends on what you want from the car. I have the Cobb RMM and I like it. A lot of guys run the CPE stage 2 rmm and really like it. It come down to price and how much NVH you are willing to deal with. The stiffer the mount, the more NVH. Also, they all have more NVH initially but tend to "break in" after a thousand miles or so. If you are looking for fast shipping, I have had quick turn around from CJPP. I am also a big fan of Steeda as their customer service is second to none. All, said, there are a lot of differing opinions on this so it is really up to you!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This really depends on what you want from the car. I have the Cobb RMM and I like it. A lot of guys run the CPE stage 2 rmm and really like it. It come down to price and how much NVH you are willing to deal with. The stiffer the mount, the more NVH. Also, they all have more NVH initially but tend to "break in" after a thousand miles or so. If you are looking for fast shipping, I have had quick turn around from CJPP. I am also a big fan of Steeda as their customer service is second to none. All, said, there are a lot of differing opinions on this so it is really up to you!

For me it is really about what stops the wheel hop and gives me the best driving experience.

·
Registered
660 Posts
For me it is really about what stops the wheel hop and gives me the best driving experience.
Again, I have the Cobb rmm and haven't experienced any wheel hop. I think it is a good middle ground between wheel hop and NVH. CPE is also an excellent choice but seems (by some others accounts) to have a little more NVH. I can tell you that after installing a FSWerks front traction bar (TB Performance also makes a nice one) NVH was greatly reduced (closer to stock feel again). Hope this steers (pun intended) you in the right direction.

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-performance/2886-motor-mount-thread-rmm.html

I know there is also one that is adjustable by adding or removing pins and others that have different inserts to vary the stiffness of the mount.

Reactions: aj03mo

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the jbr 88 and I haven't had any wheel hop at all, the shifts are more precise, and I get better feed back with steering input. The only downside is that it vibrates when you take off, but the car is more fun to drive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts