Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never had a heated steering wheel in any car I've owned but now I realize it's one of the best options I have! 12 degree highs seem normal here now. Useless post, I know.. Just had to say.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Wait... I see you're from Mount Washington and your name is for the ford plant... Who is this?!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Totally agree, one of my favorite options on this car! High of 5*F here today.
If only the shift knob was heated, that thing gets COLD!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The knob does get freezing.. And I'm Bobby Burke. Been at Ford for 23 years.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scotty, does the green filter give you any more turbo whistle, or is it just more induction noise? Not looking for blowoff sound though a bit would be fine. I know it won't give more power without a tune. I'd just like to hear the turbo a bit. I have a MagnaFlow resonator and the rest of the exhaust is stock. Don't want a louder exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Scotty, does the green filter give you any more turbo whistle, or is it just more induction noise? Not looking for blowoff sound though a bit would be fine. I know it won't give more power without a tune. I'd just like to hear the turbo a bit. I have a MagnaFlow resonator and the rest of the exhaust is stock. Don't want a louder exhaust.
It will slightly give you more turbo sound, yes. Mainly it'll just give you induction noise. Most of which will drown out the increased turbo whistle.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
The knob does get freezing.. And I'm Bobby Burke. Been at Ford for 23 years.
If you're on Facebook there is a Louisville area ST group. It's turned into an all of KY group with members in Ohio, Indiana, and Tennesse.
It's a pretty good group of guys and we get together quite a bit.
LASTOC (Louisville Area ST Owners Club)

Need another Race red member for sure. A lot of guys from KTP are on there too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll get on Facebook and join the group. With my weird schedule I may not make very many get-togethers but will definitely join the group.

·
Registered
407 Posts
A little bit yeah, it's definitely noticeable when I first installed it although now that I'm used to it I don't notice it much. I'd say it's a 50/50 combination between induction noise and turbo whistle but you only really hear the turbo whistle if you step on it. Not really a blowoff sound at all.
I have the filter uncapped, I'm sure if it were capped it would be very similar to the stock filter sound.

I'm thinking about getting the RS airbox lid soon and placing a ST logo over the RS. I'm sure that will amplify the noise a little bit more since it has a couple more openings.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I can't believe how awesome the heated steering wheel is. If I had to choose between heated seats and heated steering wheel I'm choosing the wheel!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
did you have finally managed to complete the work?
my Focus ST has born with the winter pack but in the Europe market doesn’t provide the heated steering wheel
I’ve only the heated seats and the front window quick defrost.
my question is
the steering wheel is already prepared and only the button and the configuration are missing?
thanks to everybody

1 - 12 of 12 Posts