Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah, we know. Wish they'd make a undercover quick release.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No. Super safe. The valve is spring loaded AND detented in the closed position. AND, it also has a little safety clip that snaps in place over the lever in the closed position. It's not arbitrarily coming open. I'd even feel safe without the clip in place.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's pretty neat I suppose. Why, when I search for my car though, do I get like 15 different parts? What one did you buy?

Does it screw in at a random angle or is there a way to make sure it sits staight?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's all the options available to you. Should be self explanatory if you look it over for a minute. For our install, you need the ADP-107 and F107S; unless you want one of the others. The valve comes with the clip. It screws in just wherever it ends up stopping due to the threads, but this is inconsequential. Can still access and operate the valve regardless of where it comes to rest...if that's what you're asking.

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Literally just ordered some of these the other day for the ST and the beater, since both are due an oil change soon. Bought the hose kit too since it was only $5.

@devinw , the correct part for the ST is the F107, F107S, or F107SX. You'll need the ADP-107 adapter for the first two, or the ADP-107SX adapter for the last one.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I like

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Geez, my 2017 Cub Cadet fuel injected lawn tractor came with one standard. Come on, Ford.

·
Registered
194 Posts
ask and thou shall receive...

Nice, though (and this is me being nit-picky, but it's the internet so...) the oil is still spilling all over, that thing just catches it. It's just unfortunate engine design. My Civic never had that issue because the oil above the filter was able to drain out through the plug in the pan. I've come to notice the Focus is full of little design flaws like that.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nice, though (and this is me being nit-picky, but it's the internet so...) the oil is still spilling all over, that thing just catches it. It's just unfortunate engine design. My Civic never had that issue because the oil above the filter was able to drain out through the plug in the pan. I've come to notice the Focus is full of little design flaws like that.
Our ST's are not the only vehicles on the market with such issues. My previous car was a bmw 335i. The oil filter is just the filter element in a housing that is located right next to the valve cover under the hood. Regardless, if I drained the pan first, I still had lots of oil in that stupid filter the moment I loosened it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The oil filter placement is also piss poor. I've only done 1 change so far, but I almost burned my arm on the block a few times. My Civic and Acura (both 2004) had it such that everything still dripped down the back of the engine, but I never thought it would get any worse than the Focus. My roommate with a WRX was also baffled when I said I have to take the splash guard off. "Wait. They really didn't just add a little access panel to get to just the plug and filter?" Nope. No they did not.

Reactions: Bald Wonder

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Now if only there was a way to get it so the oil filter didn't spill all over everything as soon as you break the seal.
Now what in the world kind of fun would an oil change be if we did this? lol Gotta have at least a LITTLE fun.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts