Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Can the 255 be ran on the OEM wheels ?!

I was going to go for 245s since I thought that was the widest we can fit.
Autocrossers are running 255s on 17" aftermarket wheels and shops have no trouble mounting/dismounting them due to the sidewall height. It would be tough to find a shop to put them on 18" wheels since the sidewall is shorter.

For the OEM wheels, stick to 245s. It's a rare shop that will mount a 255 on the 18" wheels; those that do will probably charge extra because it can take 30 minutes per tire.

Reactions: freakin_elrod

·
Registered
91 Posts
Autocrossers are running 255s on 17" aftermarket wheels and shops have no trouble mounting/dismounting them due to the sidewall height. It would be tough to find a shop to put them on 18" wheels since the sidewall is shorter.

For the OEM wheels, stick to 245s. It's a rare shop that will mount a 255 on the 18" wheels; those that do will probably charge extra because it can take 30 minutes per tire.
I feel like a sticky 245 will be plenty for my daily driving needs. If people are only getting 10-15k out of a good sticky dot track tire then i wonder how a DOT drag radial would hold up/perform. Especially when it comes to digs and 20 rolls.

I like the M&H drag radial because It has some decent treads. I was debating throwing a set on the front once mine are done.

·
Super Moderator
7,218 Posts
I feel like a sticky 245 will be plenty for my daily driving needs. If people are only getting 10-15k out of a good sticky dot track tire then i wonder how a DOT drag radial would hold up/perform. Especially when it comes to digs and 20 rolls.

I like the M&H drag radial because It has some decent treads. I was debating throwing a set on the front once mine are done.
View attachment 382912
Might throw a set on a second set of wheels, but don't think I would daily on those! An unexpected rain storm and your done!

61 - 65 of 65 Posts