Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, just finished up the AutoX event at Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, WA. For $60, you get 12 runs (more at the end for fun if you want to, usually), a transponder for timing, a numbered sticker that you don't have to apply with tape or supply yourself (I particularly like this), actual time on a track (even if you have to navigate cones, its still track time), and you don't have to work cones on your off track time. Most places around here just give you three runs, make you work the course on your off time, require you to supply your own means to display your number, use the laser track timer that they threaten to make you pay for if you hit it, and most times are in an open concrete pad instead of a track. Evergreen even gave out trophies to the top three in each class (AWD, RWD, FWD). Kinda puts the other AutoX hosts to shame around here. Look out for more events in the future, as the season is just beginning.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I like the concept but haven't attended one yet. One reason being risk; there are concrete barriers, tire walls, and ditches. I like the ability of pushing limits without fear of damage. Another being course design. I get the appeal of wanting to drive on a real track, but their course design slows things down so much (based on onboard videos that show how the tight cone layout is, watching speedo and steering input, etc) except for the oval portion which is fast but not technical. Other "local" autocrosses usually give 4 runs and if you run morning, you can run 4 more in the afternoon, plus the occasional free fun runs if the day finishes early. The course designs tend to be really good with much faster elements than the windy bits in the Evergreen infield. I have a pretty packed autocross schedule but I could be talked into going to one at Evergreen.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just enjoy Evergreen because you don't feel intimidated by the potential things to run in to, and their prices are WAY cheaper than what I have seen around. Like Bremerton Sports Car Club will out you over a hundred bucks the first time you go. And that is just the morning runs. Add another like 50 bucks to it for the afternoon, from what I remember. I just love not having to work the track on my off run time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think BSCC is $30 per morning and afternoon provided you register online. Onsite registration is +$5 (if you register online for morning and not afternoon, I think they may hit you with $5 for the afternoon. I always prereg). Not sure what the club cost is but I think it is around $30/year so you're right about $100 on the first day if pay for the membership and both sessions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts