Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done the searching and read the FMIC thread but still left with a major question...

What brand fits/installs the best on a 2015-2016 model ST?

My biggest concern is fitment and quality of the install, I've seen some are loose in the 2015+ mounts ect...want to be sure I pick the brand with the best fitment as performance seems to be a wash on the stock turbo.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cp-e. Made in the USA and never had an issue with fitment.

Sent from another garage.
So the depot and the CPE fit tight in the 2015 top mount with no modifications? Only required hack is to remove AGS?

·
Premium Member
13,884 Posts
So the depot and the CPE fit tight in the 2015 top mount with no modifications? Only required hack is to remove AGS?
If your worried about clearance you can get the cp-e lightweight. Not as thick and works great. But yes the AGS is removed. Same for 99% of the intercoolers out there.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah i have the depo 3.5" and it fits great. No modifications, just have to remove the AGS. I could return back to stock without anyone ever knowing I had replaced it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, surprised to here the depot works so well. Works for me it's the cheapest and I don't need it right away.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the cp-e fmic and it fits very well. Couldn't be happier with it.

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
welp, bought the mountune last night when I saw it on sale for $699.

Haven't seen too much about it, but hope it goes in well.

Reactions: Go Kart

·
Registered
768 Posts
welp, bought the mountune last night when I saw it on sale for $699.

Haven't seen too much about it, but hope it goes in well.
What you may see about it is a lot of people noting that their charge temps are a little bit higher than some other IC's. But, the Mountune is designed differently. If you continue to dig, you will also discover that even though it doesn't cool the air charge as well, apparently it flows A LOT better to the radiator and does a better job at keeping the engine cool. The benefits of that can outweigh any small difference in charge temp. This is extremely more beneficial for a track day tool or long distance spurts on curvy or mountainous roads instead of stop light spurts here and there...or so my research led me. I'm leaning toward the Mountune as well for this very reason.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah half the pressure drop, black, ford supportedish haha and then the sale price.

I live in MI so have a cold climate, i wonder how much condensation some of the larger cores might see on cold days.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'll let you know how the levels goes on whenever it comes in

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does the CPE have to come with the logo on the front? I been doing intercooler research as well. I do like the mountune but price and its black, I want my intercooler to stand out a bit but I would rather not have any logos/colors on it. Thats why I'm leaning towards the depo, but rather not wait for stock to replenish... So many choices!!

·
Premium Member
13,884 Posts
Does the CPE have to come with the logo on the front? I been doing intercooler research as well. I do like the mountune but price and its black, I want my intercooler to stand out a bit but I would rather not have any logos/colors on it. Thats why I'm leaning towards the depo, but rather not wait for stock to replenish... So many choices!!
Yes it does.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
I'm eyeballing the Mountune as well. Are there differences in FMIC fitment between '13-'14 and '15-'16 ST models?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I Have a Forge intercooler new in the box that I was going to put on my old 13 ST and was wondering if any one put one on a 15 ST?

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
i have the steeda FMIC on my 15 and fit is perfect. uses stock mounting locations and it is a breeze. i was going to go with the Levels as i have seen several in person and it is a top notch product. only reason i went with steeda is i am impatient and the levels would take a while. that being said, using the stock location the steeda FMIC sits "deeper" into the bumper than the levels. the levels sticks out a bit and is more easily visible.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts