Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've seen a few with the 17" OZ wheels or Advanti Storm in GS but most of them are 2013 or 2014's. With the slightly increased brake size in the 2015 I don't want to fully trust Tire Rack saying that they'll fit. Anyone know for sure? And/or help me learn how I can tell in the future by the wheel specs if they'll fit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
From Tirerack, basically the only options are the OZ for $275 or Modas for $120 to stay in GS class. The OZs are mid 17lb and the Modas are an even 20lb so it's a significant difference. I I'm going with Modas/RE71s for next season, this season I'm on stock wheels with the F1s.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the Moda MD18 in 17x8 last year, and currently have two sets of the Moda MD22 in 17x8 for my 2015 Focus ST, with no fitment issues. If I keep mine I'll probably go with the lighter OZ wheels next year for GS.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had the Moda MD18 in 17x8 last year, and currently have two sets of the Moda MD22 in 17x8 for my 2015 Focus ST, with no fitment issues. If I keep mine I'll probably go with the lighter OZ wheels next year for GS.
2 sets? Do tell if you go to the OZ and want to sell the MD22 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
2 sets? Do tell if you go to the OZ and want to sell the MD22 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll try and keep that in mind if I decide to sell a set. One set of the Modas has RE-71R tires for autocrossing, the other set has Continental DWS-06 all-season tires for winter and trip use. I liked the MD22s so well after getting the 1st set for autocrossing, that when we needed another set for all-season use, I got the same wheels again.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Main question is OZ 17x8 +55 at 17.3 lbs versus Moda 17x8 +48 at 20 lbs. Which is better without including price? If on budget Moda would be the option to choose.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you're ignoring price, losing almost 3 lb per wheel is great, it's almost doubling what you'd lose going from stock to Modas. Rotating mass is more important than static mass.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts