Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

So I recently got my hands on a 2013 Focus ST (About 140 000 km on clock) and its had a few issues like the alternator bearing which was noisy and a cylinder 4 misfire which turned out to be crappy spark plugs.

She runs well now but I still have a few issues I want to ask some help about.

Lately, as it's been getting a bit colder in the mornings, my serpentine belt has been starting to slip a lot with a horrendous squealing noise. I don't know what might cause this.

Besides that I also have an issue when I'm accelerating quickly. It's like if I accelerate moderately fast nothing is wrong but when I am going about 80kmp/h and flooring it, it kind of hiccups like it's misfiring but only when giving it everything.

I don't know if those things are related or not but I really need some advice how to fix it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,337 Posts
Do you have any modifications to the car?

You shouldn't floor it at that speed unless you're in probably 3rd gear, and you could still be holding 2nd when taking off fast. Def not 5th or 6th. Read up on LSPI and find pictures of engine damage.

What did you gap spark plugs to, and on which plugs? Stock gap can cause misfires at high loads, especially if tuned. A lot of folks gap to about .026", .66 mm.

Did you attempt to scan for codes, even if no check engine light? Sometimes a code can be pending or see a previous code no longer active to get a clue.

Did you remove belt and check components by hand when checking out alternator, or just replace that? Possibilities include:
Hard belt
Bad tensioner
Bad component bearing starting to seize.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts