Ford Focus ST Forum banner
681 - 700 of 724 Posts

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #682 ·
Those are so sweet for a total gunsman!

The shifter surround is also a nice item.
The shifter surround is stick on though, so I passed on it. Rest of it is top notch!!

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #683 ·

Bought Pilotgore's 45 degree locking funnel. Very excited to make my oil changes easier.

Reactions: Foenetik

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts

Bought Pilotgore's 45 degree locking funnel. Very excited to make my oil changes easier.
Well that's nice. Pretty sweet printing setup he's got there, They're very smooth

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #685 ·
Steeda has a 20 percent off sale.

I bought their clutch spring and hd perch assembly.

See if it puts some feel into this clutch.

Reactions: Blackula

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
812 Posts

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #692 ·

Followed CJPP's install on this one. Used my factory bolts, and marked out the frame where it was set. Adjusted the new toe links to the OEM length to ballpark the Toe.

I used the ball joint press linked above, which had nothing sized right to press out the Toe bearing.

Used a 3/4 drive socket and a smaller 32mm iirc half inch drive socket.

I pressed out the rubber insert first.

Then flipping the 3/4" DRIVE socket around, it fell right into the steel sleeve of the OEM bushing.

Used a mapp gas torch to heat up the aluminum, and manually cranked her out.

Wire brushed out the hole, put a thin coat of oil in it, and pressed in the Ford Performance Toe Link bearings. One edge of the bearing is tapered for easy install. I centered them in the LCA.

Anti-seized up the toe links heavily. I use antiseize as a cure all, lmfao. Slather it on everything!

Torqued everything to 129 ft/lbs.

Then I removed the axle nut, cleaned everything up, brushed and brake clean. Red loctite and installed the axle nut to BMR's suggestion. 150 ft/lbs and 1/8 turn.

It started raining and had to pack it all up. Hopefully I can finish the other stuff tomorrow. sigh.

·
Super Moderator
2,370 Posts
I have a garmin in dash cam and I can’t recommend it.
I hope yours works better than mine but overall I wish I had got something else

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #694 ·

Ugh, I bought two of the garmin Minis

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #695 ·
What are your top gripes about them?

What model do you have?

C'mon meow, spill the beans.

·
Super Moderator
2,370 Posts
Ugh, I bought two of the garmin Minis
It’s functional, the issue I run into is that it will lock clips when it senses an “incident” like hard breaking or aggressive maneuvers or something. The locked clips can’t be overwritten so it eventually fills the SD card with locked clips leaving only a enough storage for one unlocked clip at a time. Leaving you with a dash cam that only has the last few minutes of footage saved.

there is no way to disable the auto lock thing on mine so I just go in every now and again and clear out the locked clips. I also use a 256gig card which lengthens the amount of time until I have to clear it out.

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #697 ·
It’s functional, the issue I run into is that it will lock clips when it senses an “incident” like hard breaking or aggressive maneuvers or something. The locked clips can’t be overwritten so it eventually fills the SD card with locked clips leaving only a enough storage for one unlocked clip at a time. Leaving you with a dash cam that only has the last few minutes of footage saved.

there is no way to disable the auto lock thing on mine so I just go in every now and again and clear out the locked clips. I also use a 256gig card which lengthens the amount of time until I have to clear it out.
Yeah I read that, and got 512gig cards for them. Just have to keep an eye on them.

Anything else?

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #698 ·
Oh, and after reading Fords procedure for the Toe Link bearings...

They wanted red loctite around that external groove of the bearing.

Ugh.

I guess I'll press them back out, brake cleen, loctite, then press back in, lmfao

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,795 Posts
Oh, and after reading Fords procedure for the Toe Link bearings...

They wanted red loctite around that external groove of the bearing.

Ugh.

I guess I'll press them back out, brake cleen, loctite, then press back in, lmfao
Unless the dropped in without much resistance, dont bother, man. They're telling you to do that as a CYA.

681 - 700 of 724 Posts