1,399 Posts
Those are nice!

• Love
Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #662 ·
I looked into getting a Whipple, and I need to sort out my fueling. I want to run E85, and 93 maps. 93 isnt the issue, but E85 is, lol .

I'd need fueling to support like 950 hp. To keep me comfy at 800-ish whp.

Probably going through Beefcake racing, they know their shiz.

Oh, and this shiz is expensive.

Like 11-12k for a Whipple G5 3.0 liter in green, Bullitt package, with E85 fueling.

Clutch- 1500 ish

G Force outlaw CV axles, 2k ish.

Gt350r brakes-4500 ish for the kit

Rims/tires. No idea. 2500? Gotta get gt350 spec sizes/cross references to make sure they clear the brakes, and dont eat my fenders, lmao

So yeah. Wtf. I have a modding addiction.

Maybe id be happy on 93, but its easier to upgrade the fueling for e85, just in case.

Lots of decisions.

Lots of ducats.

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #663 ·
Oh, and i have more road testing with the irs cradle/rear subframe mods and the CF driveshaft.

Well, my car never really hopped. It did fishtail and you could feel the slop in the rear end. Traction was pretty good, but hard to get a decent lauch with the subframe swimming, and the twopiece driveshaft flexing/being a chonk to spin. It'd bog, or spin, or youd really have to slip the clutch

Now, traction has greatly improved. Car plants and goes. Shifts are better, driving it is more responsive. Stellar stuff! Car is much stiffer in the rear, some nvh, but well worth it!

The Steeda Stop the Hop stuff is legit. BMR makes similar stuff, but I liked certain Steeda designs better.

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
I looked into getting a Whipple, and I need to sort out my fueling. I want to run E85, and 93 maps. 93 isnt the issue, but E85 is, lol .

I'd need fueling to support like 950 hp. To keep me comfy at 800-ish whp.

Probably going through Beefcake racing, they know their shiz.

Oh, and this shiz is expensive.

Like 11-12k for a Whipple G5 3.0 liter in green, Bullitt package, with E85 fueling.

Clutch- 1500 ish

G Force outlaw CV axles, 2k ish.

Gt350r brakes-4500 ish for the kit

Rims/tires. No idea. 2500? Gotta get gt350 spec sizes/cross references to make sure they clear the brakes, and dont eat my fenders, lmao

So yeah. Wtf. I have a modding addiction.

Maybe id be happy on 93, but its easier to upgrade the fueling for e85, just in case.

Lots of decisions.

Lots of ducats.
We're just casually throwing around 20k in mods lol

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #665 ·
We're just casually throwing around 20k in mods lol
Well, yes.

I think I put about 20k into the focus. Between tires, rims, clutches, exhausts, transmissions, intakes, shifter parts, downpipes, turbo, tons of tuning.

Oh geez, then the engine build I never did.

Yeah probs 25k.

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #668 ·

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
812 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
530 Posts
ST was faster. Lol
I bet from a dig the stock Bullitt would take your ST? The rwd traction is crazy, I know I’m enjoying not spinning all the time.

I love the build, just getting caught up on all the new parts and you are out of control! This car is going to be f’n wild:)

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #672 ·
I bet from a dig the stock Bullitt would take your ST? The rwd traction is crazy, I know I’m enjoying not spinning all the time.

I love the build, just getting caught up on all the new parts and you are out of control! This car is going to be f’n wild:)
My ST had tons of turbo lag, helps with traction, hurts launches.

I'm a spirited commuter. So most of my fast data is 60/80 mph pulls to the triple digi-s. In that respect, my heavily modded ST was faster than the Stock Bullitt.

Now though, the Bullitt is pretty fast for a N/A Yote. It gets haulin pretty good. Its faster than my ST ever was, in any starting position. Roll/dig/reverse, lol

Going to try and not destroy its awesome DD qualities. Well, most people would say I already did. Bunch of softies.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
812 Posts

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #676 ·
I made a mustang6g account. Boy is their forum annoying with ads and push notifications. I sorted most of it out. Doesnt appear they have a supporting member feature, to eliminate ads. Wtf

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,795 Posts
I made a mustang6g account. Boy is their forum annoying with ads and push notifications. I sorted most of it out. Doesnt appear they have a supporting member feature, to eliminate ads. Wtf
Use Firefox with Ublock origin enabled.

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #679 ·
661 - 680 of 724 Posts