Ford Focus ST Forum banner
521 - 540 of 556 Posts

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #521 ·
That looks like a laser weld, totally inadequate for that kind of service. Not surprised it died.

**** yes!! Real deal!!!

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #523 ·
Did some wrenching today. I'll upload some pics/video later.

Car is just a joy to drive. Sucks Im going to have to winter it very soon.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
687 Posts
Did some wrenching today. I'll upload some pics/video later.

Car is just a joy to drive. Sucks Im going to have to winter it very soon.
Yeah, price you pay for a performance car! haha, I am beating the ST all year as its just a Focus o_O

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #525 ·
Yeah, price you pay for a performance car! haha, I am beating the ST all year as its just a Focus o_O
I'd rather not buy A/S, and have it get ****ed with salt and ****. I see all the rust on my Focus, and that is not a fate I want for the Bullitt.

Been there, done that.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
687 Posts
I'd rather not buy A/S, and have it get *ed with salt and *. I see all the rust on my Focus, and that is not a fate I want for the Bullitt.

Been there, done that.
I hear ya

·
Super Moderator
10,469 Posts
I'd rather not buy A/S, and have it get *ed with salt and *. I see all the rust on my Focus, and that is not a fate I want for the Bullitt.

Been there, done that.
I've already got the ST on the Battery Tender and on stands to where the tires just touch the garage floor. It may just be a Focus, but it's not going to get eaten up by salt or wiped out by an idiot siding down the street on a sheet of ice. ❄🥶

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #529 ·

BMR MM007 and BMR MM008 installed

So, adjustable Motor mounts, and adjustable engine brackets.

1/2" adjustable per part, for 1" in adjust-ability in 1/4" increments, lol

I measured my clearances, and decided 3/4" would sort me pretty good.

I had to use a 1/2" breaker bar and manually fight out the OEM motor mount bolts that go into the frame. They loc-tite the **** outta them, and you can only impact out the fronts really, the rear bolts require swivels and bad angles, too much to put the big gun on. Slop, and potential for mauling the head. So I just manned up, and wrassle-ed them out.

Then, BMR has a thru bolt design, that just flops around. Not captive at all. I found, that the flatwasher they supply for the bottom of the mount, likes to snag the frame inside the mount cubby. Total pain in the dick getting it all sorted and installed.

Had to shim out the top washer, to accommodate the fact that I was using two BMR parts that were designed to work with OEM components, not each other, lol. Had to take up more slack out the bolt to allow proper clamping, from the thinner Engine brackets.

Passenger side, I had to trim the OEM bolt for use with he ground that goes there. Busted out the anglegrinder, cut the bolt, and took a small half round bastard cut to clean it up a smidge. Geez, felt like I was at work, lol

So, theres quite a few posts on mustang6g, complaining about the BMR mounts and NVH. Like, people going out their way to source softer durometer materials and customizing the mounts. People even swapping them out for softer mounts by other brands. A fair amount of complaints. Nobody wants a rattle box.

Wow, what princesses. Theres not much NVH at all. I run a stiff trans mount, and trans mounted shifter, there was a negligible amount of additional vibes. No rattles, nothing jarring. Im running full stiff mounts, and the car is like 1/3 the NVH of the Focus. It's completely liveable, and hardly noticeable.

Some people are apparently beyond sensitive. WHich is pretty funny, considering the first mods are usually exhaust, and the G3 Yote' is crazy loud. People get hearing damage from the exhaust, but complain about a lil vibes. Weird shiz.

Car is super tight up front now. Shifts are ever tighter, like wow! Steering is tight, acceleration and shifter no longer lags from drivetrain motion. Overall, its awesome. SUPER happy with the mods.

I need to get her on ramps again tomorrow. Double check clearances, then hopefully go pull some logs. See if the false knock is finally gone.

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #531 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,198 Posts

Here's where Im at. I pretty much eliminated my cyl 4 false knock. It rears up a smidge around 3800 rpms here and there, then corrects out within 500 rpms now.

Mass airflow of 51-ish lbs/min. Highest I saw on my logs was 51.56 lbs/min.

Car should be into the low 500whp realm for sure. It's a whole lot of fun
Kept looking for boost pressure before I realized there isnt any lol. Thats really impressive airflow.

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #533 ·
Kept looking for boost pressure before I realized there isnt any lol. Thats really impressive airflow.
Lol, just wait until I get some boost. 85lbs/min lol

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #537 ·

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
687 Posts
B-Dubs, no doubt. :cool:

521 - 540 of 556 Posts