Ford Focus ST Forum banner
381 - 400 of 476 Posts

·
Administrator
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 ·
Oh. I figured you'd travel? I'm a full quality check support service, just so you know.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I already had my QC team comb through it. We like to keep these things in house.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Gotta get 3rd party approval on something like that... No way around it, lol.

Reactions: jesse_sanders

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Photograph Vertebrate Human Organism Mammal

·
Administrator
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #388 ·

Well, I bought this too. Gotta tighten that trans up.

This may help with my false knock on cyl 4 too! Which I havnt looked into.

Tim is writing up my E85 tune, should I should get rocking with that this weekend,

·
Administrator
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 ·
Hmmmmm, I smell betrayal with a side of damn gurl that’s nice
Betrayal? Sorry I didnt buy another econobox that tries really really hard to be quick-ish.

I still havnt made an account on the 6g mustang forums. I just lurk. So wipe those tears off your face, lil' man.

·
Administrator
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #391 ·
Boomba links shoukd arrive today.

Tim @MonsterTuned sent me my E85 map.

Gotta sort my false knock on cyl 4.

Then its corn chugging time! Very excited for this.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Vendor
702 Posts
Boomba links shoukd arrive today.

Tim @MonsterTuned sent me my E85 map.

Gotta sort my false knock on cyl 4.

Then its corn chugging time! Very excited for this.
There's a chance it could be something real as well, don't just write it off as false knock, check the #4 plug and compare it to the others to see if there are signs of it running lean or rich.

·
Administrator
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #393 ·
There's a chance it could be something real as well, don't just write it off as false knock, check the #4 plug and compare it to the others to see if there are signs of it running lean or rich.

The datalogs showed it pulling 1-3 degrees 3700 to 5100 rpm then correcting to full advance matching the rest of the cylinders.

I'll pull the plug, but with it correcting fully out, i doubt its real knock.

·
Vendor
702 Posts
The datalogs showed it pulling 1-3 degrees 3700 to 5100 rpm then correcting to full advance matching the rest of the cylinders.

I'll pull the plug, but with it correcting fully out, i doubt its real knock.
I'm just glad the same cylinder knocks in the same location on both the stock tune and my tune that way we know it's not my tune lol :)

·
Administrator
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #395 ·
I'm just glad the same cylinder knocks in the same location on both the stock tune and my tune that way we know it's not my tune lol :)
Lol, I'm really happy it corrects out!

I'll do my knock witchhunt, this one is very minor compared to the **** I went through with the ST, lmfao

I'm not worried, she'll be right as rain in no time.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
It's pretty reassuring to hear your logic about why it's false knock when it corrects itself out during the same pull. Same exact stuff I was seeing on mine (cylinder 4 specifically) before I started swapping plugs and coilpacks, then quadruple tightened everything up & clear of the knock sensors. Silly cars... Wish they would let me beat on them without breaking so much, LOL.

Reactions: jesse_sanders

·
Administrator
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #397 ·
It's pretty reassuring to hear your logic about why it's false knock when it corrects itself out during the same pull. Same exact stuff I was seeing on mine (cylinder 4 specifically) before I started swapping plugs and coilpacks, then quadruple tightened everything up & clear of the knock sensors. Silly cars... Wish they would let me beat on them without breaking so much, LOL.
Yeah, it's most likely the passenger side header tapping the bellhousing or AC lines. Just gotta get in there and adjust. No biggie. The Stang is very easy to work on.

I bolted on soooo many different parts on the ST, dealt with bad false knock in 2 or three of those setups, had to hunt it down and sort it.

·
Vendor
702 Posts
Yeah, it's most likely the passenger side header tapping the bellhousing or AC lines. Just gotta get in there and adjust. No biggie. The Stang is very easy to work on.

I bolted on soooo many different parts on the ST, dealt with bad false knock in 2 or three of those setups, had to hunt it down and sort it.
Next time I'm in Reading race my slow raptor :p

·
Administrator
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #400 ·
381 - 400 of 476 Posts