Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! I test drove a used ST and the blow-off sound was amazing. Not too loud, but very audible even with calm around-town shifts.

I purchased a different used ST, reconnected the symposer that the previous owner modded, plugged the symposer hose back in to the firewall, and....the sound is very quiet. You can't hear the intake or turbo hardly at all. I do notice that my boost gauge only moves to about 1/4 even when I stomp the gas. Is this normal?

What could be stopping the beautiful turbo sounds? Do I need a BOV?

Thanks in advance for answers to my noob questions!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The one you drove before must have been modded. I'd start looking at blow off threads, I don't have one but I know there are probably 3-4 that people seem to like on here depending on how loud you want to go.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Make sure you put 93 Octane in the tank. Also, BOV doesn't add any power at all. I had the Boomba BOV for a few months but it gets very annoying. You can just remove the airbox lid for some more sound.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Obviously the used one had a BOV added. Personally, I don't care for a BOV, I added a cutback exhaust and deleted the sound symposer. That's all the extra noise I need. Try running 93 octane, and see if that helps the boost issue. If it doesn't I'd check all the lines going to the turbo, as there may something loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts