Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been having a little bit of battery problems lately. My battery will go dead over night. I suspect my AP3 might be causing this. On a few occasions I've noticed my AP3 on in the morning when I know for sure I turned it off at night. Also my Ap would turn on with the car and now I have to manually turn it on. Well to shorten the story a bit this last weekend I went on a short road trip with the family, Sunday morning we packed up everything and went to start the car and nothing..dead. Good thing we traveled in 2 cars so I got a jump from my brother in law. I noticed of I leave my AP3 plugged in the car will not start in the morning but if I unplug it over night it will start with no issues. Fast forward to today and I had to jump my car again. I'm 100 percent sure it's dead so I'll just buy another battery. Has anyone else experienced this? Can the AP3 tell me if my battery is dead?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
660 Posts
So I've been having a little bit of battery problems lately. My battery will go dead over night. I suspect my AP3 might be causing this. On a few occasions I've noticed my AP3 on in the morning when I know for sure I turned it off at night. Also my Ap would turn on with the car and now I have to manually turn it on. Well to shorten the story a bit this last weekend I went on a short road trip with the family, Sunday morning we packed up everything and went to start the car and nothing..dead. Good thing we traveled in 2 cars so I got a jump from my brother in law. I noticed of I leave my AP3 plugged in the car will not start in the morning but if I unplug it over night it will start with no issues. Fast forward to today and I had to jump my car again. I'm 100 percent sure it's dead so I'll just buy another battery. Has anyone else experienced this? Can the AP3 tell me if my battery is dead?

AP3 will not tell you if you have a dead battery. However, I can tell you that sometimes my AP3 will not turn off or will turn back on (due to me messing around in the car) and 12 hours later my car starts fine. This should not drain your battery to the point it can't start in just 8 hours. Your battery is probably done.

Reactions: Zeek

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AP3 will not tell you if you have a dead battery. However, I can tell you that sometimes my AP3 will not turn off or will turn back on (due to me messing around in the car) and 12 hours later my car starts fine. This should not drain your battery to the point it can't start in just 8 hours. Your battery is probably done.
For sure it's done. I'm just going to have the auto parts store check it just to make sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts