Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Painted my battery and fuse box cover to match my CAI. Might do the engine cover this weekend. Was thinking about doing the plastic front piece the hood latch sits on too :crazy:

IMG_0258.JPG IMG_0262.JPG IMG_0261.JPG

·
Registered
660 Posts
Painted my battery and fuse box cover to match my CAI. Might do the engine cover this weekend. Was thinking about doing the plastic front piece the hood latch sits on too :crazy:

View attachment 239506 View attachment 239522 View attachment 239514
I have the Kona Blue and I am also using the candy apple red as my alternate color so I absolutely love this! You gotta get rid of that ugly yellow hood release yet!

Also, love the painted hood insulation!

Reactions: Choppa

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the Kona Blue and I am also using the candy apple red as my alternate color so I absolutely love this! You gotta get rid of that ugly yellow hood release yet!

Also, love the painted hood insulation!
Thanks !! I'm going to paint my cargo cover too, haven't decided what yet though.

And I agree, the Boomba hood release is on my to buy list. Not sure why I didn't get it when I got the other Boomba stuff :money:

Reactions: jam360nml

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks !! I'm going to paint my cargo cover too, haven't decided what yet though.

And I agree, the Boomba hood release is on my to buy list. Not sure why I didn't get it when I got the other Boomba stuff :money:
Oooh! Let me know how that cargo cover turns out! Would love to do maybe The Pens logo. Actually, I am a terrible artist so maybe I need to pay someone to do that! :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oooh! Let me know how that cargo cover turns out! Would love to do maybe The Pens logo. Actually, I am a terrible artist so maybe I need to pay someone to do that! :)
I'm probably going to do it this weekend, so pics will be posted :)

Reactions: jam360nml

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks really nice, what color is that? I want to paint my washer fill cover to match my Boomba bling.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks really nice, what color is that? I want to paint my washer fill cover to match my Boomba bling.
This is HoK Candy Apple Red. However you can use Duplicolor Metalcast Red, just put silver under it. The Duplicolor is almost the exact same color and in a spray can, unless you have spray equipment and feel like paying for HoK :money:

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is HoK Candy Apple Red. However you can use Duplicolor Metalcast Red, just put silver under it. The Duplicolor is almost the exact same color and in a spray can, unless you have spray equipment and feel like paying for HoK :money:
No it will be a rattle can for me...

so a coat of silver first then the Duplicolor?

Thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No it will be a rattle can for me...

so a coat of silver first then the Duplicolor?

Thanks.
Clean the plastic really good with soap and water. Let it dry, then wipe with alcohol. Try not to handle it with bare hands after you clean it, use gloves. Then spray metallic gold or silver and get a nice even coat (It will take a couple). Then spray with the metal cast, 6 to 8 coats. You can spray a gloss clear afterwards, even though the Metalcast will dry glossy, it is fragile. Make sure the silver base coat is the same brand as the Metalcast, so use Duplicolor. If you use the wrong base (i.e. enamel vs lacquer) the Metalcast will cause the base coat to wrinkle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts