Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently added a 2013 ST to my garage. Drove it around for about a week then It sat for 5 days and then I was working on it in the driveway trying to get my phone connected with Synch. The stereo showed a message "low battery - stereo shutting down." I yanked the battery after buying it about 2 weeks ago and the date on it is 11/20.

My other toy - C5 Corvette - will drain the battery in about a week and a half - it stays in the garage on a battery tender.

Are these cars known for parasitic drains - and is there a battery/charge indicator in any of the displays (I do not have the touch-screen).

Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
10,074 Posts
Recently added a 2013 ST to my garage. Drove it around for about a week then It sat for 5 days and then I was working on it in the driveway trying to get my phone connected with Synch. The stereo showed a message "low battery - stereo shutting down." I yanked the battery after buying it about 2 weeks ago and the date on it is 11/20.

My other toy - C5 Corvette - will drain the battery in about a week and a half - it stays in the garage on a battery tender.

Are these cars known for parasitic drains - and is there a battery/charge indicator in any of the displays (I do not have the touch-screen).

Thanks...
That's an annoying feature of the car. Won't let you run any electrics for more than about 10 or 15 minutes unless the car is running. When you shut the car off make sure you lock it to shut off all the electrical system.

Reactions: TurboGT and MtnMan
1 - 2 of 2 Posts