Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, figured I'd make a journal here to help document ownership and things I do with the car, though it won't be too much since I already have an STi with a lot of time and money into it. The journal for that car is located here:
https://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-members-journals/251781-barons-05-sti-journal-new-wheels-fitted.html

I got the ST new in Oct. 2017; can't believe it's already been over a year. But here it is the night I picked it up:

I had the windows tinted 20% all around, clear bra all across the front section of the car, white sunblock vinyl across the top of the windshield, and the middle lower blacked out with vinyl as well for that nice RS-style look to it. It came from St. Louis, as at the time I was buying, there were no cars around my area to my spec. There was one being built at the factory; which I regret not going with. They ended up driving it up to Omaha without telling me, so there were ~500 miles on the car before I even got the keys; was kinda pissed about that. The dealer "assured" me the driver is an older guy who is careful, but I'm skeptical that the driver wasn't careful and stayed out of boost, because when I went to remove the sound symposer after a few thousand miles, it seemed as though there was a lot more oil blowby in the symposer box than there should be. It also had a stupid dealer-installed pinstripe from front to back underneath the windows, which I have since removed; you can just see it in the second pic above.

The car was intended as a nice daily driver that wasn't too nice of a car, that was also fun and manual, which is sadly a segment that is dying. So it was between this and a GTI. I had never had a brand new car or a hatch before, so it was something different for me. I only had the car for two months and someone lost control in dry weather and swiped my passenger side front corner.

After lots of money in repairs later...eye bleach; here we are all clean:

I only drove it in one winter and was done, not because it was terrible in the snow(I had Blizzaks on it), but because of all the salt and crap they put on the roads here, which is why I didn't buy a nicer car. But it hurts to put a nice new car through that punishment, so now it's a nice weather toy only like the STi. I was putting too many miles on it for my liking since I had a long commute as well. This was as I was cleaning after the season:

Even the stickers on the suspension got ruined(I like originality) and some bits of the undercarriage started to develop small rust spots, so no mo' snow.

I'll probably daily it to work when it's nice out since my commute isn't as long as it used to be. Car has around ~8900 miles as it sits.

Wasn't ever really thrilled with the ST3 Premium wheels, so I looked through options and settled on a set of matte black Motegi MR137s in 18x8.5 +45, which were new for 2018:

I wanted wider wheels for summer so I can eventually throw on 245s and still be square. This is how it looks currently, and waiting to come out of storage:

Again, this won't be much of an exciting journal since I'm not going to do much to the car, just basic mods, but here we are. Have at it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The obligatory Mod List!

RED
= Don't have yet, but planned/want to buy
Orange = Pending/Waiting to go on the car
Green = Installed/completed
Blue = Old setup​

Engine
  • Cobb rear motor mount
  • Symposer delete
Exhaust
  • Cobb CBE
  • Cobb exhaust hangers
Suspension/Handling/Chassis and Settings
  • H&R Sport lowering springs - F/R
Wheels/Tires/Brakes
  • Motegi MR137s 18x8.5 +45 - matte black - ceramic coated
Exterior
  • Headlight Armor yellow fog overlays
  • Maxton Design rear spoiler lip
  • RallyArmor UR mudflaps - red logo
  • TRC front lip
  • TRC side skirts
  • TRC rear skirts
  • Stubby antenna
  • Full front of car PPF'd
  • Professional ceramic coating
Interior
  • WeatherTech All Weather mats

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
This space for modlist.
I think the more common terminology is "build thread". I only clicked because I was curious what was considered a journal lol. Glad to have to you onboard with us.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'm not really building the car though(that's what the STi is for), and on other forums they're referred to as journals, so I just went with that :\

Ordered a Cobb exhaust yesterday and it is showing up tomorrow, received a Cobb rear motor mount, and also H&R Sport lowering springs. Remember when I said I wasn't doing much with the car? This'll probably be about it.

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Well, I'm not really building the car though(that's what the STi is for), and on other forums they're referred to as journals, so I just went with that :\

Ordered a Cobb exhaust yesterday and it is showing up tomorrow, received a Cobb rear motor mount, and also H&R Sport lowering springs. Remember when I said I wasn't doing much with the car? This'll probably be about it.
You've already been bitten by the mod bug, it won't stop there lol. That's what we all say, "this is the last part" turns into what can I order next haha.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah, but I'm keeping this car pretty limited in mods now that I have two fun cars. I'll be showing some self-restraint with this car. I did the slippery slope thing with the STi(and still continue to!). I could've done the full turboback, but then that requires a tune, probably an AP, and I really don't want to do that. This is just for some spirited driving when I don't want to manhandle the STi around town. Deleting the symposer made the car painfully quiet, so I need to hear noises again :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So most of you have probably already seen these pics since I'm sure that the Cobb exhaust is common at this point, but here's some anyways:

I have a Blitz exhaust on the STi, and I have to say the quality of the welds on the Cobb are damn close to the Blitz; really very nicely done. I can't wait to get this installed and have the car feel and sound different.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since the last time I updated this journal, I installed the exhaust and hangers and I must say it's quite nice and sounds great now that it's broken in.

However, priorities have changed and I will be putting the car up for sale unfortunately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts