Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Once you remove you might as well never put it back cause its gotta be timed with the crank
And no timing cover stays and you unbolt the pan from the trans its time.consuming because you have to scrape all the silicone from the pan and the engine and clean it and re silicone it after you do the delete .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
124 Posts
And with a poly engine mount and the valance shaft I have minor vibrations compared to just the engine mount. The engine mount made a difference and I couldn't tell a difference with the balance shaft

·
Registered
898 Posts
Ohh trust me its a big difference and the revs climb really quickly now.

I would love to see some back-to-back comparisons of a difference in the speed of the rev climb. I had a lot of changes in my DSM, so I couldn't remark on how well the balance shaft delete allowed the engine to rev quicker, but it would bounce off the 8500 rev limiter in 1st pretty easily.

Does anyone have any exploded views of the engine showing the balance shafts? I'd like to see how much drag they really add. It can't be that much, in that it seriously changes the way the car free revs. Making a serious change in how the engine revs, usually involves a lot of other factors.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It actually does make a big change is revving and bliping the gas to down shift its almost a 30 lb rotating mass on the crank

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Sean, how much you charging for a BSD install? lol. I might be down to take a trip down that way.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I would love to see some back-to-back comparisons of a difference in the speed of the rev climb. I had a lot of changes in my DSM, so I couldn't remark on how well the balance shaft delete allowed the engine to rev quicker, but it would bounce off the 8500 rev limiter in 1st pretty easily.

Does anyone have any exploded views of the engine showing the balance shafts? I'd like to see how much drag they really add. It can't be that much, in that it seriously changes the way the car free revs. Making a serious change in how the engine revs, usually involves a lot of other factors.
Go have a look at JBR. Those pics are from the Mazda I think but very close to ours.

·
Registered
124 Posts
They are pretty much identical give me a bit I'm lagging but I'll take pics of My st and my mk1 2.3 duratec focus its identical like 100% same part

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Working on it little broke fixing stuff on the 2.3 zx3 I bought recently

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
have you tested for high rpm clutch drag?
I've heard some Mitsubishi's having this problem. Haven't heard anyone have problems with the BSD on this car but this is a concern for me though small.

·
Registered
124 Posts
No clutch drag that I can tell and I'm not you average car person later today I'm pulling and svt engine and trans out hehehehe :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mitsus do this all the time for a gain of 15hp, but they end up with severe wear on the transmission shaft splines, shredded rubber bushings, and nasty clutch drag. From what I've read. If the harmonics can be felt in the cabin at all, its more than enough to destroy drive line components over time. I've never pulled shafts on a car of my own. But transmission shops usually warn against it. I'm keeping an eye on this one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you have argument you get more vibrations from an engine mount on these cars... I notices no more vibrations with the BSD and rick I'll message you on your phone And maybe we can trade on something

·
Registered
2,595 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
So the speculation is that the added vibrations make the clutch disc hop around on the shaft.. I'll buy it.
I can buy it, sort of. I'll still be removing my balance shaft though. I'll see how it matches up with a Spec 3+ clutch and lightweight flywheel.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts