Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Randy/Ken,

Has this been shown to give a boost at the wheels like it did on the 2.3L NA duratecs (like the kit cosworth used to sell?) Or is your current offering more for just oil control and added capacity on a road circuit.

I imagine it's the same 12lbs unit sitting down there occupying the space for another quart of oil.

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Having recently done this I will confirm increased oil capacity, almost 7 quarts when using the long oil filter Motorcraft FL-400S). My oil pressure has increased as well did not document values but I will break 80psi under load and cruise at about 60psi at 80mph. As for power to the wheels...I can tell you the engine winds up and down quicker. My butt dyno confirms as we both lurched our first few shifts. My butt dyno consists of two different friends one of which helps me wranch (and vice versa) the other is not mechanically inclined at all. He just drives, we never tell him what we've done until after he drives and he is pretty intimate with all our cars with a perfectly neutral view. It is a great asset.
If I were to strap her on a dyno I am confident torque would be a good 10-12 ft/lbs higher but I'm just pulling that number out of my ass.
As always, take my views with a grain of salt, your results may vary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts